Program-Specific Info / Q's Any current Shenandoah University students out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received a notification that I was put on the alternate/waitlist. The hard part is they don't notify what position one is at, so seems like Basically everyone who didn't get an acceptance got waitlisted? Nobody has gotten rejections as of yet? It's good to know that I'm not flat out rejected, but I wish they would just tell us the truth rather than giving us false hope.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone who will be attending the NOVA campus for fall 2016 know when we find out more information?
I was told that we would find out more information in the summer! Will you be looking for roommates in the Fall?

I just received a notification that I was put on the alternate/waitlist. The hard part is they don't notify what position one is at, so seems like Basically everyone who didn't get an acceptance got waitlisted? Nobody has gotten rejections as of yet? It's good to know that I'm not flat out rejected, but I wish they would just tell us the truth rather than giving us false hope.

I'm completely confused about what is going on over there. I agree that it's better to just know one way or another. I called and was told they are still in the process of accepting students to the program. If that's true then it's strange they've already notified people they're waitlisted. It also doesn't sound like there have been any new acceptances so I'm confused about their process. I was told a decision hasn't been made on my file yet but at this point I guess I can take that to mean they haven't decided if they should waitlist me or reject me??? Confusing.

My stats are 3.2 undergraduate gpa (15 years ago), last 60 undergraduate GPA 3.96, master's degree gpa 4.0, prerequisite gpa 4.0, 250+ hours of OT in pediatric clinic, school, hand therapist, and geriatrics. Almost 15 years work experience in helping professions: as teacher, residential counselor for disabled adults, and social worker. I would greatly appreciate if anyone else is willing to share their stats with me... publicly or privately :) Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm completely confused about what is going on over there. I agree that it's better to just know one way or another. I called and was told they are still in the process of accepting students to the program. If that's true then it's strange they've already notified people they're waitlisted. It also doesn't sound like there have been any new acceptances so I'm confused about their process. I was told a decision hasn't been made on my file yet but at this point I guess I can take that to mean they haven't decided if they should waitlist me or reject me??? Confusing.

My stats are 3.2 undergraduate gpa (15 years ago), 4.0 master's degree gpa, 4.0 prerequisite gpa, 250+ hours of OT in pediatric clinic, school, hand therapist, and geriatrics. Almost 15 years work experience in helping professions: as teacher, residential counselor for disabled adults, and social worker. I would greatly appreciate if anyone else is willing to share their stats with me... publicly or privately :) Thanks so much!

Yup or you would think that rejections would be sent out right after acceptance letters...when I applied there last time I didn't get an e-mail or anything when I was denied. I waited and waited and then finally when I reached the 6 month mark I called and then they told me my status which is very annoying.

I was accepted to the Northern Va campus today!! So excited :) Has anyone found any reasonable places to live yet, and did they ever set a date when they would be fully accredited?

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations @sportschick21 !!!! So happy for you, good work :highfive: Do you mind sharing your stats? :)

Last edited:
I got an email this morning from Linda stating that they are offering admissions to me for fall 0f 2016 at the Winchester Campus! I cannot contain my happiness, but I will be truly satisfied when I receive that official letter in the mail. Was wondering how long it takes for one to receive that after the acceptance email? Just being super paranoid, and cannot believe it. I was previously waitlisted, and got an acceptance email today.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations @amyOTpeds !!!! :claps:You wouldn't want to share your stats... would you? :nod: lol :hardy:

Is there anyone who is attending the NOVA campus and are planning on commuting? I spoke to one of the professors at the Leesburg campus and she said that is what most students do since it is only one day a week. I'm from the Richmond area so it would be almost a 2 hour drive every week which doesn't bother me, I'm just worried about being far away from the place I have to study. Is anyone else planning on doing the same?

@Ohtea my stats we're on the lower end nothing like you. I will private msg you with them. Did you get in? I had about 300 hours of OT experience. And 5 letters of rec 3 were OTs (one was actually a professor), and a Prerequisite class professor also one was a research instructor. I even retook my anatomy classes, but I think my personal statement a LORs seem to have helped a lot. It's not always about grades.

I was accepted to the Northern Va campus today!! So excited :) Has anyone found any reasonable places to live yet, and did they ever set a date when they would be fully accredited?
Hey I was too! Congratulations! I haven't but was wondering if anyone was looking for roomates!

Hi everyone! I applied back in October and just received my letter in the mail yesterday! I was accepted into the Northern Virginia campus. I'm so excited! I am concerned about the hybrid program though. I have so many questions about it.
How long did it take you to receive your letter after you got the acceptance email? Just wondering because I was accepted February 17, and the letter said you have 14 days after your recieve the letter in the mail to reserve your spot. Also even though I got the acceptance email, I emailed Linda to ask questions, she still doesn't reply. LOL. Please let me know when I should be waiting for this, or should i just call and reserve my spot? Thank you.

How long did it take you to receive your letter after you got the acceptance email? Just wondering because I was accepted February 17, and the letter said you have 14 days after your recieve the letter in the mail to reserve your spot. Also even though I got the acceptance email, I emailed Linda to ask questions, she still doesn't reply. LOL. Please let me know when I should be waiting for this, or should i just call and reserve my spot? Thank you.

I am in the same boat as you. Let me know if you call. I was going to email Monday night if it wasn't in the mail.

Congrats on getting in! Yay! So I got accepted a week before Christmas (the best Christmas present ever) and then got the letter a few days after Christmas. So about two weeks. You have 14 days after you receive the letter to accept your seat, so your 14 days didn't start yet. I also emailed Linda with questions after I got the email and she never answered haha

I e-mailed her too hahaha (no response of course)...does the official letter tell you where/how to send in the $500? My biggest fear is not getting the letter on time and my 14 day timespan runs out lol

I e-mailed her too hahaha (no response of course)...does the official letter tell you where/how to send in the $500? My biggest fear is not getting the letter on time and my 14 day timespan runs out lol
Yup it explains everything in the letter! And if you have to send any transcripts and what not. I was super nervous too but the 14 days starts when you get the letter, so you should be good if you just make sure you send it in right when you get it haha

I got into the Northern VA campus for the Fall 16 class! Just wondering if anyone could give me any information on the program and who else got in!