Program-Specific Info / Q's Any current students of LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summertriangle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any current students of LSU's OT program that could comment on his/her academic experiences there? I'm interested in the program, but it's been difficult to find student reviews of the program online. (I haven't found one review of this program on studentdoctor.)

Members don't see this ad.

They are predominately an in-state program. If you are not from LA, it is going to be a real stretch to get in. They don't want people going there and then leaving the state to practice.

They are predominately an in-state program. If you are not from LA, it is going to be a real stretch to get in. They don't want people going there and then leaving the state to practice.

Hi Go Girl,

So I'm currently on three OTD waitlists in three different states, and I am contemplating applying for OT school at LSU for the spring. I love New Orleans and could see myself living there for a while after school, not just during it. I have a 154 Quan, 148 Qual and 4.0 on the writing portion of the GRE. I have a 3.6 GPA, over 50 volunteer hours, and a lot of leadership experience. Do you think it is a waste to apply if my quan score is below their minimum by a couple points? Will this extinguish my chance of getting in as an out-of-state applicant? Thanks for your help!