Any current SUNY students or graduates?

Started by j814wong
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

j814wong

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While I'm more academically qualified for other schools, I'm considering attending SUNY Binghamton for my undergraduate studies.

Sorry for posting in the Pre-Med forum rather than HSDN but more people frequent this one so I feel I could get more answers here.

To those who are current students or graduates of a SUNY,
Do you feel that you've gotten an education that can or has gotten you into medical school?
How do you feel about the resources that you had access to?
Do you have any regrets?
 
Anywhere is fine, except for community colleges. It is up to you if you can succeed, but a better undergrad usually means more opportunities. Did you consider Cornell, Columbia, and NYU yet?
 
I'm applying to Cornell. I have a decent chance of getting in I believe. Columbia is quite the reach for me. I'm not applying to NYU as it's way to exspensive.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why don't you go outside and play frisbee or something and stop worrying. There will be plenty of time to be a gunner later.
 
I went to a SUNY for undergrad and my education was fine. Multiple people I know got into med school from my class. Binghamton is a great school and I have several friends who went there and are either residents or attendings now.
 
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of GPA did you and your friends have to get into medical school? Also, if you went to Binghamton, how was the environment? Do most students tend to be helpful and not cutthroat? Thanks.

From my research, I'm beginning to think SUNYs aren't as bad for Premed as I once thought it was. And if the price is, right, I'd most definitely go.
 
.

Sorry for posting in the Pre-Med forum rather than HSDN but more people frequent this one so I feel I could get more answers here.?

I didn't realize this was the criteria for choosing a section..... :eyebrow:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile