Any desi/arab predents??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polarmolar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have met a bunch of you already buuuuuut I'm sure there are more so come out come out whereever you are!! :D:D

I guess I'll start...I am Egyptian currently living in Northern VA, applied this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

AsSalamuAlaikum,

Holla! Bangladeshi origin, postin' up in Ann Arbor, MI with my folks.

Polarmolar I suspected you were Arab/Muslim previously by virtue of your avatar :laugh:

And we wonder why racism is prevalent.... Ah, self-segregating by race :D

Members don't see this ad :)
desi and from jersey!

Not at all! Most arabs/desis are pre-med so I was wondering about the pre-dents :)

come on you others...I know your out there!! :D:D:D

ok ok... here's another one! :D

pakistani - born and raised proudly in the US.

I don't understand why a thread like this would be a reason for racism being prevalent..... they are just trying to find others like themselves going into the field....

I don't understand why a thread like this would be a reason for racism being prevalent..... they are just trying to find others like themselves going into the field....

You got it dentgirl09! I think he was joking though.

Another one here, Pali from Tampa, Fl. I remember seeing a thread like this one in the premed section a while back, but it closed up, i think it was by brownianmotion or somthing like that :rolleyes:

Another one here, Pali from Tampa, Fl. I remember seeing a thread like this one in the premed section a while back, but it closed up, i think it was by brownianmotion or somthing like that :rolleyes:

lol, word dude! Pali checking in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Tinman, wanna be a doll and close this one too? kthanks

Paki from Cali.

It's so cool to see desi people in dentistry since I personally know very few. Plus it's interesting to see which people on SDN are desi since there's no face behind the screennames. :D

Seriously, this thread is anything but original. Closing.

You think this thread is original, Tinman? How about some consistency? If your MO is going to be only allowing original topics specifically pertaining to dentistry, this thread is as moot as any. This crap is a dime a dozen.

But hey, Tin, I honestly respect you for your many hours of commitment to making this forum what it is. I mean, there was a time when I truly believed in this place...a shining beacon upon the dark expanse of digital chaos and bigotry we've come to know simply as 'the internets'.

I love you, Tin, but you're letting us down.

I have met a bunch of you already buuuuuut I'm sure there are more so come out come out whereever you are!! :D:D

I guess I'll start...I am Egyptian currently living in Northern VA, applied this cycle.

What's up bro??? (what ever happened to our plan of eating Kebab together????)

I guess I am the only Afghan here on this Thread :eek::eek::eek:. well.... 09 cycle and from Northern VA.

one more...raised in India and currently in south!!!

Hey Tinman, wanna be a doll and close this one too? kthanks

You think this thread is original, Tinman? How about some consistency? If your MO is going to be only allowing original topics specifically pertaining to dentistry, this thread is as moot as any. This crap is a dime a dozen.

But hey, Tin, I honestly respect you for your many hours of commitment to making this forum what it is. I mean, there was a time when I truly believed in this place...a shining beacon upon the dark expanse of digital chaos and bigotry we've come to know simply as 'the internets'.

I love you, Tin, but you're letting us down.

Wooooooow. Why so bitter?

What's up bro??? (what ever happened to our plan of eating Kebab together????)

I guess I am the only Afghan here on this Thread :eek::eek::eek:. well.... 09 cycle and from Northern VA.

Oh snap I forgot about us getting some! When you free bro?

Make way for the Moroccan!!!! one more for the team guys....southern Cali.

my sn says it all...kind of :)

I see how you can be proud to be desi or proud to be of middle-eastern descent, but I don't really understand how these two groups are related at all. Shouldn't these have been two seperate threads? :p

I was wondering if any of y'all are arab and jewish?

Moroccan/Lebanese female checking in. ( born in Morocco, raised in NYC), and DR. REO I am an Arab Jew!

wuddup....born in paki raised in the states. dentistry for lyyyyfe.....BALLE BALLE!

Last edited:
I suppose by birth I would fall into the 'desi' category.

curious knowing how the arab culture is from friends, do all arab communities see those who went to dental school as second class med students. I know arabs always tell their kids, Medicine or Law ONLY with big emphasis on medicine, and dont say that was the old days, they all do it, in my undergrad all the middle eastern people i knew were premed those that couldnt hack med went dental and those who couldnt hack either went law, never saw a communications middle eastern and probably one or two business ones.

Iraqi, part egyptian and jordanian. born in Jordan

Hey. Egyptian here living in Ottawa Canada. Born in Alexandria, brought up in Ottawa. Nice to see some of us here.

SALAM, im also A Pround Muslim from Yemen!

curious knowing how the arab culture is from friends, do all arab communities see those who went to dental school as second class med students. I know arabs always tell their kids, Medicine or Law ONLY with big emphasis on medicine, and dont say that was the old days, they all do it, in my undergrad all the middle eastern people i knew were premed those that couldnt hack med went dental and those who couldnt hack either went law, never saw a communications middle eastern and probably one or two business ones.

Well just in case you didn't know, this can be said about a lot of cultures...even here in the US. A lot of people are ignorant about dentistry, but once you inform them, they smile and tell you what a great choice your making lol.

^i agree haha i went to my ophthalmologist last week and when i told him i was planning on applying to dental school he said you chose the right profession lol

^i agree haha i went to my ophthalmologist last week and when i told him i was planning on applying to dental school he said you chose the right profession lol

opthamology is a pretty sick profession too..
i am curious to know what he cited as the benefits of dentistry over opthamology?

lifestyle

opthamology is all outpatient care... a cataracts surgery is as bread and butter, if not more, than a root canal..

not to mention, there are very rarely eye emergencies, hence not a lot of on call.

and i feel that they get paid more than dentists too.

Ain't nothin but a peanut, YEA BUDDY

Are you sure that's what you really want?

haha damn you got me....i was studying for biochem at the time i wrote that and was taking a quick SDN break. i guess the studyings getting to me.

I was wondering if any of y'all are arab and jewish?

I am a Desi Jew here...!! Bet you've never seen one before, I'm a rare species ;)