-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Any Difference?
Started by PsychPremed
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
In short...nothing. 🙂
consider yourself marked for everlasting ridicule by the predents.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
consider yourself marked for everlasting ridicule by the predents.
Ridicule from the pre-dents? hehe
In short...nothing. 🙂
Thanks🙂
I'm actually a pre-med who got lost and found myself in the pre-dental forum. I'm just wondering what the difference between a DDS is as opposed to a DMD, if any?
DMDs make more and get all the ladies.
DMDs follow the medical model of dentistry, and try to treat caries and periodontal disease with a variety of rinses and medication that don't really do anything. They're basically the chiropractors of dentistry. By law a DMD can't perform any surgical treatment, so anything with a drill has to referred out to a DDS.
thats so mean armorshell! people are going to believe that too!
Nobody believes anything I say 😀
DDS = DMD as MD = DO 😉
You know just as well as I do that MD and DO have their differences. Yes, both can practice the full scope of medicine but their approach is very different.
Do dental specialists(oral surgeons, periodontist, etc) tend to be DMD as opposed to the DDS, which is more suited for general dentists?
You know just as well as I do that MD and DO have their differences. Yes, both can practice the full scope of medicine but their approach is very different.
Do dental specialists(oral surgeons, periodontist, etc) tend to be DMD as opposed to the DDS, which is more suited for general dentists?
Just the opposite actually. Like I said above, DDS is the surgical degree, and almost all of the specialties are surgical in nature. Except for ortho, that's DMD work, but who'd want to go into ortho anyway? Orthos don't make any money, it's kind of sad.
DMD and DDS are the same, the only time one is better than the other is when you have that one behind your name
I've noticed a lot of people think DDS is better because they think of surgeons being above doctors.
I think there's some research out there saying people think DMDs are more educated, but I doubt it really makes too much difference in the way you practice.
I don't see why whatever governing body is in charge here doesn't just eliminate one or the other degree.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah... they don't make money and work much harder than all other specialties. That's why no one wants to become an ortho.Just the opposite actually. Like I said above, DDS is the surgical degree, and almost all of the specialties are surgical in nature. Except for ortho, that's DMD work, but who'd want to go into ortho anyway? Orthos don't make any money, it's kind of sad.
*cough* 😀
😀but who'd want to go into ortho anyway? Orthos don't make any money, it's kind of sad.
I don't see why whatever governing body is in charge here doesn't just eliminate one or the other degree.
But then what would we have to argue about?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 430
- Replies
- 52
- Views
- 2K
D
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
D
