Any DO adcoms on this forms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureDOFuture

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just need a little help

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they do, check your 6 at all times.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't take Goros advice that guy is literally a schizophrenic loser, probably the latest medical experiment and they are trying to see what kind of brain damage he can contagiously pass onto other premeds by giving him access to the web.

Why are you stalking Goro? Shouldn't you be busy making 600K?

Reactions: 1 users
He lives, he dies, he lives again!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Lol that dudes username...how did Goro piss him off so bad?

Goro is the best. Don't have soft skin, don't ask stupid questions, and don't be a jerk and Goro will give you awesome advice.

Haha that guy is the loser, what an attention w***e. Also, I may be wrong, but I thought Goro was a "she"? Who knows it's 2016 all the same now. Anyways, Goro for President!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Haha that guy is the loser, what an attention w***e. Also, I may be wrong, but I thought Goro was a "she"? Who knows it's 2016 all the same now. Anyways, Goro for President!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
:eyebrow:

Reactions: 3 users
Goro is a fictional character from the Mortal Kombat series. He first appears in the original as an unplayable boss character, challenging the player before the final fight with Shang Tsung. Goro is part of the four-armed half-human, half-dragon race, called the Shokan.

Don't take Goros advice that guy is literally a schizophrenic loser, probably the latest medical experiment and they are trying to see what kind of brain damage he can contagiously pass onto other premeds by giving him access to the web.

What a loser. All hail Goro!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Why are you stalking Goro? Shouldn't you be busy making 600K?

I thought it was 1.2mil now? Because you know the more money you claim to make on the Internet the more credibility you gain!

But then he came back as a student! Must have gotten bored with being a Vascular surgeon and a Neurosurgeon this past week and decided to go back to school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
By the language he used (accusing me of "stalking him") I think it was a user with the name of something like kapur.king, or king.kapoor, who went full whackjob almost immediately upon getting news that he didn't want to hear.

This was one of 5 respawns in a single day for the guy...an SDN record, I think. @DrMikeP had a nice assessment of his pathologies in a now-deleted thread.

if he respawns again he'll accuse scrubs and cabin of being alt accounts of mine.

I thought it was 1.2mil now? Because you know the more money you claim to make on the Internet the more credibility you gain!

But then he came back as a student! Must have gotten bored with being a Vascular surgeon and a Neurosurgeon this past week and decided to go back to school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
By the language he used (accusing me of "stalking him") if he respawns again he'll accuse scrubs and cabin of being alt accounts of mine.

So this thread was some sort of weird trap to get your attention?

I think OP PM'd me. Can't remember.

@Goro No love for the Mortal Kombat comment I made above? I was considering sending a screenshot of it to BCOM as my secondary... ;)

By the language he used (accusing me of "stalking him") I think it was a user with the name of something like kapur.king, or king.kapoor, who went full whackjob almost immediately upon getting news that he didn't want to hear.

This was one of 5 respawns in a single day for the guy...an SDN record, I think. @DrMikeP had a nice assessment of his pathologies in a now-deleted thread.

if he respawns again he'll accuse scrubs and cabin of being alt accounts of mine.

Cool, GORO, it would be such an SDN scandal!!! Can't wait to be a part of that.

Reactions: 1 user
How could anyone hate Goro? He's literally the reason I'm not retaking the MCAT and getting into medical school

Reactions: 3 users
Some people come to SDN seeking affirmation of their choices, not for realistic advice, and fly off the handle when they don't hear what they want to hear.

How could anyone hate Goro? He's literally the reason I'm not retaking the MCAT and getting into medical school

Reactions: 5 users
I couldn't agree more w/@Goro.

Of the people who have been the most angry/insulting at me on SDN were the ones that I just didn't agree with what they wanted to do when they just wanted to do something that had a high chance of failure. So instead of them taking my advice based on sharing my experience they took it as personal attack. I try to help people and don't ever suggest my way is the only way and rarely say any path is completely wrong. Heck, I can't even remember ever saying one will never be successful if they go to SGU, but for reasons repeatedly stated the odds are just massively against you so it doesn't make sense when you can more easily do otherwise and achieve your goal.

Truly and sincerely it doesn't make a difference in my life in regards to what choices someone makes so anyone can take my free advice for the 2 cents it's worth.

The other poster was looking for someone to agree that Goro was somehow evil and just came to the wrong place for that affirmation. Therefore, anyone who didn't agree with the poster must be Goro. Very flawed logic. I will take it as a complement, albeit funny, to be told I am a fake Goro account.

Gotta love people who criticize volunteers who help others. :)

Sorry that came out very unsympathetic and disrespectful! Did not mean to offend anyone!

Most here don't offend easily. :)

If you want to be successful and occasionally see peace in medicine you had better have a thick skin because someone (pt, family, fellow dr, nurse, hospital admin, pt transport, lab, radiology, pharmacy, ins co, irs, spouse, children, someone else's children, yourself, etc etc ) will be unhappy with you often multiple times a day, every day until long after you retire.

Some people come to SDN seeking affirmation of their choices, not for realistic advice, and fly off the handle when they don't hear what they want to hear.

Please. I ONLY come to SDN for you to tell me that I'm a special snowflake, Goro! :laugh:

It seems to me that the world needs a new occupation.
Pre-Med Psychologist Advisor

The training will involve 500 documented hours of browsing SDN, owning an MSAR, and a degree in psychology. With such a large applicant pool, there must be a demand.

It seems to me that the world needs a new occupation.
Pre-Med Psychologist Advisor

The training will involve 500 documented hours of browsing SDN, owning an MSAR, and a degree in psychology. With such a large applicant pool, there must be a demand.

It's not just pre-med students. I actually also work with (well used to) a ton of pre-law, psychology, and other pre-professional students who quite often don't live up to what amounts to unrealistic parental standards and beliefs in their being magically special. Law is probably the worse because they think arguing is what will make them good lawyers so everything has to be a drawn out debate. But then as I say that many of my non student patients have almost the same issues, so emotional dysregulation is pretty universal. That's why imo terminally ill patients are the best, because dying cuts through much of the bs.