Any Engineers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DailyDrivenTJ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just like the title says, any engineers leaving their industries?

Members don't see this ad.

never worked in industry, but yes, engineer here

i've meet several engineers that have left industry throughout the whole interview process...nice to see that people follow their dreams

Good to meet you. Are you admitted? or applying? I am applying this time around for 08.

Which school are you guys applying and why?

Members don't see this ad :)
Count me in. I worked 5 years before changing.

<---- Computer science
Would you count me as an "engineer"? if yes then I been working in the field of I.T since I was 23 (Im 25 now and turning 26 in august)

So where are you guys with the dental school? Applying? Admitted?

What was the most difficult process for you?

I had hard time transitioning to tons of raw memorization.

I am still in the pre-dental requirements process....
I am doing major life-altering change, this coming august (last week of august), I am quitting my fulltime I.T job and going full time to MSU to complete my pre-dents

Going to apply next year for 2009 cycle

Mechanical/Industrial engineer - Quit Ford - in school full time now doing Pre-dent.

Materials engineer. Leaving the aerospace industry for Temple.

Hardest part? I just got a histology book and man is it boring!

Mechanical Engineer with 9 years of work experience designing medical devices. I headed to Harvard this fall....haven't told work yet though.

Mechanical Engineer with 9 years of work experience designing medical devices. I headed to Harvard this fall....haven't told work yet though.

Biomedical and Electrical Engineer ~ Worked for 2 1/2 year in the industry.
Already told work :thumbup:

Start Uop in July!~

Good to meet you. Are you admitted? or applying? I am applying this time around for 08.

Which school are you guys applying and why?

i'm admitted, but not really sure where i'm going yet. but ya, schools like us engineers, it comes up a lot during interviews i've noticed.

i think with decent dat scores, engineers have a shot at almost any dental school. true, our gpa's suffer a little bit, but i reall think that schools take that into account when reviewing our app. good luck dailydriven, hope it all works out for the best. if you ever have any questions about this tedious process, let me know.

Total of 5 years of Computer Science, before I switched to Dentistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I probably don't count, but I'm currently a Freshman engineer switching over to pre-dent. So, I've explored that path a bit more than I wish I had.

Been working as electrical engineer for 7 years,
and it took 3 years part time to finish taking pre-req.:confused:
(Too much travelling.)
Even though I have applied end of Nov, I got admitted to Tufts.:D
Experience really paid out.
I haven't told company yet, but plan to work until a week before class starts to save as much money as possible.:thumbup:

Sorry for the late intro., I am a computer engineer with 2 years experience. I am currently taking Bio I and Org II.

Just took the DAT last week and did 19/20/23 (AA/TS/PAT), I feel that I need to retake it.

Sorry for the late intro., I am a computer engineer with 2 years experience. I am currently taking Bio I and Org II.

Just took the DAT last week and did 19/20/23 (AA/TS/PAT), I feel that I need to retake it.

I would not retake the DAT. Those are really good scores. Just apply early ~ you'll get in.:D If you have good grades and have experiences to share, you should be fine.
Best of luck!

Now which schools should I apply? Which school likes enginerds? :D

Electrical engineering, UCLA. Never worked a single day in the field and do not regret it.

Software Engineer here! I've spent the last 5 years working for a medical imaging company... Still haven't told work that I'm leaving in <3 months.

Mechanical Engineer here;worked 2 years as an HVAC (Heating,Cooling, and Ventilation) designer. Accepted this year to UOP.

Me too!! Undergrad was EE, grad was CS. I'm leaving the telecomm industry after...holy cow, has it been that long? :eek: No wonder I'm so burned out.

Studied Bio & Mechanical Eng, now designing for a medical device company. i start at Case this summer. Gluck to all! :)