Any feedback on this book of Autopsy Pathology (for practice, not exam study).

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have this book. I bought it because I'm going into FP and thought I should have an Autopsy book. I have yet to open it! When I do i'll let you know what i think.

I have the older Finkbeiner. Didn't really "read" through it at any point. For better or worse, autopsies wherever I have been at have been done in a loose "local" style, making large parts of the text minimally relevant except in an academic sense. I did use it regularly for standard measurements, but once you have a few tables and save them somewhere...

I'm probably more likely to really read through it now that I'm out and already have a real job. I think if you're at a program/job that doesn't get very many autopsies, or it's a field that particularly interests you, it's probably useful. But for most residents I worked with and people I know, it's been an occasionally used reference.

With all of that said, I think every program (thus every resident) should have *access* to at least one of: the Finkbeiner text, the Ludwig text, &/or the CAP autopsy text, AND at least one of the FP texts: Dolinak, DiMaio, Knight, Spitz & Fisher, &/or again CAP forensic text.