Any Fellow ATCs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jnorman1218

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any other ATCs/athletic training students on here. I graduated last year and am now working at a high school. As I've done more research on DO, I am suprised at the parallels between the two professions. It seems that athletic training has a more hollistic approach to things than a lot of allied health professions (ie-treating poor posture instead of treating the pain caused by the poor posture). Also, it seems that OMM has a lot of similarities to the tools we use as athletic trainers, such as joint mobs, Graston technique, etc.

Anyway, I'm just curious to see if there are any fellow ATCs that have decided to go the DO route as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any other ATCs/athletic training students on here. I graduated last year and am now working at a high school. As I've done more research on DO, I am suprised at the parallels between the two professions. It seems that athletic training has a more hollistic approach to things than a lot of allied health professions (ie-treating poor posture instead of treating the pain caused by the poor posture). Also, it seems that OMM has a lot of similarities to the tools we use as athletic trainers, such as joint mobs, Graston technique, etc.

Anyway, I'm just curious to see if there are any fellow ATCs that have decided to go the DO route as well.

AT student here. There is a lot of similarities in OMM to what I learned in undergrad.