Any fellow healthcare workers applying this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PTAide2DPT

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wrote a brief paragraph about my experience working inpatient as a PT Aide during the pandemic. Initially, I left it out of my essay because the prompt asked to "go beyond your initial interaction or experience with physical therapy". However, my former English professor that proofread my first draft told me to expand upon being a hospital worker during the COVID-19 outbreak.
 
I wrote a brief paragraph about my experience working inpatient as a PT Aide during the pandemic. Initially, I left it out of my essay because the prompt asked to "go beyond your initial interaction or experience with physical therapy". However, my former English professor that proofread my first draft told me to expand upon being a hospital worker during the COVID-19 outbreak.
My interpretation of "go beyond your initial interaction" means go beyond saying, "I want to be a PT because I liked being in PT when I sprained my ankle." It sounds like you're going a lot deeper than that and writing about a timely topic.