Any good podcasts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ThePlockIsHot

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Ever since the dark days of step I studying and listening to Goljan I've found good, engaging audio medical lectures to be great learning tools and nice to listen to on a long run or drive. I've recently started my CBY and have been on the hunt for something a little bit more clinical. My dad is an ER doc and he has been listening to EM Audio-Digest Foundation CME lectures for years. I've borrowed a few of the CD's and they're pretty good for a lot of basic medicine and ER topics, but I don't really care about a lot of the EM stuff. CA1 is coming up in July and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good anesthesia podcasts/lectures. I've had my eye on the anesthesia audio digest lectures but a year subscription for a resident is around $200 which is a little pricey in a bad economy. Has anyone bought them or know if they're any good? Also, does anyone know of any good free anesthesiology podcasts? I've been listening to some EM-critical care lectures (the emcrit Scott Weingart lectures from itunes) which are really good especially since I like critical care, but something with a greater focus on anesthesiology would be awesome. Thanks, any input is appreciated.
 
university of kentucky has some good podcasts/lectures

dr. jeffery guy, vanderbilt icu guy does "icu rounds" lectures that are nice
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad