SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Any great book for preparing DAT?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by grettlin, Apr 8, 2002.

1. grettlin

grettlin Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 11, 2001
    I am trying to find a really good book for
    preparing DAT. I saw many successful applicants
    using MCAT preparing book to review for DAT.
    Could anyone recommand one for me? Thanks!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. space kacy

space kacy Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I think there's this book...the bible? Ever hear of it. I used that a lot and a lot of prayer. No, the Kaplan book worked for me. There aren't a whole lot of books out there but I thought that one was the most comprehensive and it was easy to read. Plus, it had practice tests and a cd and neat little margin notes. I took the course but the book they gave me is pretty much the same as the one in the bookstores. You could use a MCAT book but you'd get shortchanged on the math and PAT but if you use it for sci only, that's good. I say the more the merrier if you can afford it.
  4. mammasan

mammasan Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Washington, DC
    I used Barron's book. The review on it was ok, i had to use my textbooks in case something didn't quite come back to me. I did find the practice tests to be fairly good and some of the tips on the PAT section were nice.
  5. jtdent

jtdent Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 8, 2002
    I mainly studied from the big red Kaplan book. I had tons of others that I had bought from eBay since I didn't have time to take a review course. I thought overall Kaplan was OK, but I thought the Biology review SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED. It was definitely NOT adequate. However, the subject is so broad, you can never study enough. Whereas there are only approx 10-15 main themes in G. Chem and never know what you'll get with Bio.