Any great QR study methods?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonwalk44

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using Math Destroyer and wowsers it is tough! If this is the best resource I will most certainly grind out the problems but I was wondering if anyone had an avenue they chose for QR that they found really helpful. All input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I would say DAT Bootcamp is most representative of what you'll see on test day. If you run through all ten exams and really understand each question/answer you'll do well.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would say DAT Bootcamp is most representative of what you'll see on test day. If you run through all ten exams and really understand each question/answer you'll do well.

Did you use math destroyer at all?

Did you use math destroyer at all?

I completed the Math Part of the general DAT Destroyer but did not have time to go through the entirety of the Math Destroyer book. Just fyi I scored a 20 on QR, if that's about what you're going for then just Bootcamp will be fine. Going through Destroyer will not hurt at all though, so if you have the time I would absolutely do that.

I used DAT Destroyer and DAT Bootcamp. I did all DAT Bootcamp. But I only have time to do 5 practice tests in destroyer. I like the new comparison questions in Bootcamp. But DAT destroyers questions are more like the real DAT. I think the actual DAT math is much easier than DAT destroyer and DAT Bootcamp. If your aim is to get about 25 on QR, use either one is enough. If you did both, you would be able to get 30 on QR.

I completed the Math Part of the general DAT Destroyer but did not have time to go through the entirety of the Math Destroyer book. Just fyi I scored a 20 on QR, if that's about what you're going for then just Bootcamp will be fine. Going through Destroyer will not hurt at all though, so if you have the time I would absolutely do that.

That's awesome.. did you feel like you started out much lower and then "grew" into that score?

That's awesome.. did you feel like you started out much lower and then "grew" into that score?

Thanks! Hmm, I consistently scored between 19-21 on practice tests so I was hoping for a little higher but was not surprised with my score. That said, if it's your weakest section you're going to need to put the work in and really focus on bringing that score up to par with the other sections. I had to do the same for Orgo and thanks to Chad was able to do just that. It's awesome that you know your weakness though, all that's left is to work on it.

Do DAT Bootcamp three times, and you would be fine. My friend did the same thing and got 27 on QR. But I will recommend you put more effort on BIO, GC and OC. Dental schools do not care too much about QR.

Reactions: 1 user
Do DAT Bootcamp three times, and you would be fine. My friend did the same thing and got 27 on QR. But I will recommend you put more effort on BIO, GC and OC. Dental schools do not care too much about QR.

Did they initially struggle with math?

I do not know. She may be struggling with math in the beginning because she is not a math major student.

I started with math destroyer but I was running out of time so I went for breadth over depth using Bootcamp. I went over the first five timed tests for a week, reviewing the solutions for the questions I got wrong. Then I focused on the sections I kept getting wrong (stats, trig for me...though there was no trig on the real thing).

Got a 22. It isn't that hard but if you don't practice timing the questions you will be in trouble. Don't get caught up in the tougher questions. Practice marking, skipping and coming back after you knock out the easy ones first. Seems obvious but the pressure can get to you with the clock ticking.

나의 XT1575 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄