any help with behavioral science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im rocking the rest of my 2nd year courses but this. Im using brs, attending class even. But I can't seem to figure out this damn course.

the req'd textbook is the synopsis of pysch and it really looks like its overkill for the course.

Members don't see this ad.

What exactly is the problem you're having with the class? Is it just the information in general or the way that it is tested?

I think its prob a bit of both.

Ive done the questions in brs and pretest.

the class notes are horrible as are some of the professors

I just having problems recognizing what my problem is with this course.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure this probably doesn't help you out but as long as you're following BRS and FA and all that, you shouldn't have any trouble with behavioral come Step 1 time. Sometimes courses suck (and my school has a ton of them that do) and you just have to ride it out. Unless you absolutely must make an A in this course for whatever reason, I would just accept that fact that behavioral at your school blows, and focus on acing your other classes (this is something I personally have had to do several times). And then of course you can just beat the crap out of your boards and then whatever grade you make in Behavioral (as long as you pass) won't matter a bit.

another good text to try (especially for board review) is High Yield Behavioral Science. Rest assured, you are not alone in your frustrations. There are lots of horrible inconsiderate professors out there, all of whom write sucky class notes and *****ic test questions. At my school they enjoyed having PhD's teach all the basic science courses, just to ensure that what you learned had absolutely no clinical applicability whatsoever.

Stay focused on passing your classes and rocking the boards -- It will all be over soon!!!

FYI: BRS and high-yield behavioral are written by the same person.............obviously BRS would be more indepth than high yield. it is bigger and has questions.

you'd be downgrading getting high yield coming from BRS.

at this point, passing would be great. Im the bad side of 70 at the moment.

hopefully this last section will be better for me. Its a lot more of pyschopharmacology than anything else.