any help would be much appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

call me x

word.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I unfortunately do not know too much about most of the DO schools in the country. I am from NJ, so I know about the great reputations of the schools around me like PCOM, UMDNJ-SOM, and NYCOM. I have been searching for up-to-date mcat/gpa info and some sort of match lists but haven't had too much luck. My stats are fairly competitive: 29O MCAT, 3.5gpa 3.33sci, research and volunteering, etc, however I am really struggling to formulate a list of schools. I am hoping to be in a city/close to a city-type location and I would ultimately like to work in an inner-city location.

If anyone could possibly post any links/books that they think might be useful in trying to determine schools I would really appreciate it. Also, clearly I wouldn't mind anyone throwing out some schools that you think might be a good fit for me ;)

Thank you so much in advance,
X

Members don't see this ad.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=8327133&postcount=16

You might find the excel file available in the above post useful. It's not perfect and missing some data that you're going to want, but it's a start. I created a column that includes the size of the city/town the school is in, and whether its rural or urban which is subjective based on my opinion. Hope it helps.

Hi everyone,

I unfortunately do not know too much about most of the DO schools in the country. I am from NJ, so I know about the great reputations of the schools around me like PCOM, UMDNJ-SOM, and NYCOM. I have been searching for up-to-date mcat/gpa info and some sort of match lists but haven't had too much luck. My stats are fairly competitive: 29O MCAT, 3.5gpa 3.33sci, research and volunteering, etc, however I am really struggling to formulate a list of schools. I am hoping to be in a city/close to a city-type location and I would ultimately like to work in an inner-city location.

If anyone could possibly post any links/books that they think might be useful in trying to determine schools I would really appreciate it. Also, clearly I wouldn't mind anyone throwing out some schools that you think might be a good fit for me ;)

Thank you so much in advance,
X

Download this and skim through the school descriptions. It includes a brief blurb about each school's setting.
http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Documents/cib2010/2010-CIB-complete.pdf

As you're in state to UMDNJ-SOM, you'd definitely want to apply there. I'd add TOURO-NY too.

Thank you both very much for your input!