call me x

word.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2008
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hi everyone,

I unfortunately do not know too much about most of the DO schools in the country. I am from NJ, so I know about the great reputations of the schools around me like PCOM, UMDNJ-SOM, and NYCOM. I have been searching for up-to-date mcat/gpa info and some sort of match lists but haven't had too much luck. My stats are fairly competitive: 29O MCAT, 3.5gpa 3.33sci, research and volunteering, etc, however I am really struggling to formulate a list of schools. I am hoping to be in a city/close to a city-type location and I would ultimately like to work in an inner-city location.

If anyone could possibly post any links/books that they think might be useful in trying to determine schools I would really appreciate it. Also, clearly I wouldn't mind anyone throwing out some schools that you think might be a good fit for me ;)

Thank you so much in advance,
X

jkmph

https://www.sportsmedreview.com
10+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2009
Northeast
www.sportsmedreview.com
Status
  1. Medical Student
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=8327133&postcount=16

You might find the excel file available in the above post useful. It's not perfect and missing some data that you're going to want, but it's a start. I created a column that includes the size of the city/town the school is in, and whether its rural or urban which is subjective based on my opinion. Hope it helps.

MarieMarie

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi everyone,

I unfortunately do not know too much about most of the DO schools in the country. I am from NJ, so I know about the great reputations of the schools around me like PCOM, UMDNJ-SOM, and NYCOM. I have been searching for up-to-date mcat/gpa info and some sort of match lists but haven't had too much luck. My stats are fairly competitive: 29O MCAT, 3.5gpa 3.33sci, research and volunteering, etc, however I am really struggling to formulate a list of schools. I am hoping to be in a city/close to a city-type location and I would ultimately like to work in an inner-city location.

If anyone could possibly post any links/books that they think might be useful in trying to determine schools I would really appreciate it. Also, clearly I wouldn't mind anyone throwing out some schools that you think might be a good fit for me ;)

Thank you so much in advance,
X

Download this and skim through the school descriptions. It includes a brief blurb about each school's setting.
http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Documents/cib2010/2010-CIB-complete.pdf

As you're in state to UMDNJ-SOM, you'd definitely want to apply there. I'd add TOURO-NY too.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads