any hope for more interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterpostbacst

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
to make a simple, here is my status. I got 4 interviews for pre-dec and most of schools are still under review. I emailed them and they said my applications were all complete and under review. But, come on..it's october now...Any hope for more interviews for pre-dec?
University of Connecticut (CONN) CT 07/20/2009 Received/Under Review
University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry (UOP) CA 08/27/2009 Received/Under Review
Tufts University (TUF) MA 07/23/2009 Received/Under Review
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University (TEMP) PA 09/03/2009 Received/Under Review
Boston University Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine MA 08/27/2009 Received/Under ReviewUniversity of California, San Francisco (UCSF) CA 07/23/2009 Received/Waiting Additional Information
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine (CUL) NY 07/31/2009 Received/Application Complete
University of Pittsburgh (PITT) PA 08/27/2009 Received/Application Complete

Members don't see this ad.

Dude chill out, remember that 4 pre-dec 1st interviews is pretty darn good! You should be stoked! Some people hope to just get 1 or 2. I think you'll maybe get some more but chances of pre-dec. 1st is getting slimmer by the day. Look out for second rounds after dec. 1st though, especially if your dream school hasnt interviewed you yet. Keep hope alive!

I don't think Tufts or Boston are giving anymore pre-dec. interviews. I've heard most private schools may be done (not sure about exceptions). As for public institutions, I don't know. There are threads around talking about this stuff. I think ones called "have you hear from D-schools..." People are talking about this stuff. That's where I read some stuff about Tufts and Boston

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude chill out, remember that 4 pre-dec 1st interviews is pretty darn good! You should be stoked! Some people hope to just get 1 or 2. I think you'll maybe get some more but chances of pre-dec. 1st is getting slimmer by the day. Look out for second rounds after dec. 1st though, especially if your dream school hasnt interviewed you yet. Keep hope alive!

Wow, if you think 4 is pretty darn good, you must be ecstatic with yourself. 9 is very impressive. Share the wealth

I've heard most private schools may be done (not sure about exceptions).

I wouldn't be too sure about that.... private schools will gets some declines just based off the cost of them so post-dec interviews should help fill those spots.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.... private schools will gets some declines just based off the cost of them so post-dec interviews should help fill those spots.

I agree with what your saying. Post- December interviews can make up a large % of a private school's incoming class. I've just heard that pre-dec. invites have been handed out through November already. Doesn't mean people who don't have interviews still don't have a shot at getting in. Just maybe not a shot at a pre-dec. interview.

I don't understand why people complain about having "only a few" pre-dec interviews. I have 1 pre-dec and 1 post-dec and that's it....I'm not complaining.

I have friends that still don't have any with great DATs (21+) and good gpa's (3.7+)

Way to make everyone feel worse.

Wow, if you think 4 is pretty darn good, you must be ecstatic with yourself. 9 is very impressive. Share the wealth

Yes, I am very fortunate but Im just trying to keep it in perspective.

Is any of your pre Dec invites is your top choice school? While there is no certain number of interviews to reassure you of being admitted, you only need one... although among med students 5 invites seems to be a magic number...
I have read some old posts where people canceled as many as 6 post Dec interview dates because they got accepted somewhere so nothing is lost yet as long as you applied to a number of schools that give post Dec invites
you are right, BU, Tufts, Columbia and Pitt are done with pre Dec invites
Pitt will give next round of appr same amount of invites somewhere later, possibly early Dec. BU and Tufts have large group of invites which will come later for post Dec interviews, they are known to give lots of acceptances for post Dec as well as any large private DS.
you were passed by Temple at least for pre Dec invites. There is chance you will get post Dec invite though so do not discard that school from your radar yet....there is anecdotal evidence that Temple likes people who put them as top choice school, so if they have an open house coming soon it might be a good idea to connect...
UConn at the first glance looks like school that likes to form its class by Dec 1 and does not offer much invites/ acceptance post Dec. I would just call and ask if they are done giving pre Dec invites what you've got to loose?
UCFS and UOP seems to interview well into spring, I would wait to be disappointed in them yet...