Any hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RUlaxin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA verification came in this morning and I am super disappointed... I came from a community college where I took most my pre-reqs and had an oGPA of 3.1, but had significant increase in GPA when transferring to a 4 year institution (oGPA 3.5).

BCP: 3.18
Science: 3.16
Non-Science: 3.44
Overall: 3.25

DAT: 20AA/21TS/19PAT

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There's always hope. Just be confident. No one here is an adcom so no one knows. Yeah.... Slightly below the average on the GPA but some people with slightly below still get in. Especially if the rest of your app is stellar. Best of luck to you.

Agreed. You did well on your DAT, keep your head up and try to get everything turned in early. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies! I appreciate all the positive energy... I really needed it :)

I feel as if the rest of my app shows that I am well rounded and hope it gives me an edge. I am confident I have a great committee letter and PS, and have experiences that range from working in the ER to coaching youth lacrosse.

Oh, and my app is now complete and should be mailed out this Friday!

ur gpa needs work. GG.

Thanks for the replies! I appreciate all the positive energy... I really needed it :)

I feel as if the rest of my app shows that I am well rounded and hope it gives me an edge. I am confident I have a great committee letter and PS, and have experiences that range from working in the ER to coaching youth lacrosse.

Oh, and my app is now complete and should be mailed out this Friday!

Positive vibes are what we all need during this process! :)

hey man, I'm applying with very very similar stats, its been pretty stressful but the best we can do is apply broadly and hope for the best.

best of luck to you

GPA verification came in this morning and I am super disappointed... I came from a community college where I took most my pre-reqs and had an oGPA of 3.1, but had significant increase in GPA when transferring to a 4 year institution (oGPA 3.5).

You have an upward trend in the institution that matters most! Plus your DATs look good. Definitely there is a chance and hope.

I'm applying the year with similar stats. I believe there is hope!

hey man, I'm applying with very very similar stats, its been pretty stressful but the best we can do is apply broadly and hope for the best.

best of luck to you

Thanks and best of luck to you and everyone! It's definitely super stressful playing the waiting game now. Knowing ahead of time that I was going to apply broadly, I managed to save up and sent out apps to 15 schools... All I need is 1!