any hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldnguyen2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA 3.15
AA 17
PA 17
QR 15
RC 16
My aadsas is not yet submitted. I failed to enter the grades exactly as they appear on the transcript so it was sent back to me. After looking at the stats that you guys have on here, I'm beginning to lose hope. I've been doing everything I can (volunteering, shadowing, and doing summer programs) to make myself a well-rounded candidate. What are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

well my DAT is a little better than yours... GPA is the same, no masters. Got an interview at my state school... Dont lose hope, but prepare for the worst, and think about what you can do to make yourself a more competitive applicant if you do wish to reapply.

i would hang in there...but i wouldn't expect so much since your app isn't even sent out yet...its getting kinda late...how many schools are you applying to?
-ld

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you I would forget about applying this year and focus on next years application - don't waste the money or the energy or heartache. You can do a lot in the next year to prepare to retake the DAT. Do as much as you can to get a good DAT score and you will feel much better about your application next year. Good luck!!

i would hang in there...but i wouldn't expect so much since your app isn't even sent out yet...its getting kinda late...how many schools are you applying to?
-ld
I'm applying to these schools 11 schools. The deadlines for most of them are in dec and feb though. Am I still too late to apply now?

If you have a state school I would apply to that one. I think you could get into your state school with your stats, assuming that you already have your Letter of Recommendations and whatnot. Remember that your AADSAS GPA will more than likely be lower than you think (especially if they sent it back to you asking you to redo the transcript thing), and it's going to take them 6 weeks to verify GPA/process, etc etc. If you were gonna apply for this cycle I would hurry things up!

I agree. Maybe apply to your state school but don't get your hopes up and plan on taking the DAT again next year. Considering your stats, yeah, it is extremely late to apply. It isn't worth paying the money, those secondary application fees can add up.