Any Hospital Directors? or Assistant Ds

Started by coolbna
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coolbna

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just started working as a pharm. tech at a local hospital and I just envy the Director of our hospital pharmacy. She looks so powerful and intelligent; not to mention her entourages every where she goes. I'm not really management material, I mean I'm not a people person, nor people would actually respect me. Also, I'm more interested in getting my PharmD. with the research and PhD side. However, I'm just curious to find out how you can become a Director of Pharmacy? If you are a Director, did you need extra studies like business to enable you the position?
 
Ive owned several businesses before I became a director. Financial savvyness is important.
 
Did a PGY-1 focused on ID and oncology. Hired on by a small suburban hospital as hybrid ID/manager, got bumped up to DOP when the old one got promoted.

Don't have the business background that Z has, so been learning it on the job. With a small one, that doable, wouldn't try it with a bigger one.