any idea about NYIT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nirmit

RxxxX
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone
please contribute your thoughts about NYIT...I got accepted there but wondering whether its good college or not?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats, I just interviewed there this past week. They seemed like a really good school. Only thing I disliked about it was they mentioned 8 to 10 students per cadaver b/c there is a shortage in NY state.

They are also ranked in top 50 by US news in DPT schools. Everyone there seemed pretty cool. I got a good vibe.

hello everyone
please contribute your thoughts about NYIT...I got accepted there but wondering whether its good college or not?
Thanks

I also got into NYIT.
Its really good college but their dorm sucks...2 miles away frm college:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Some classes are with OT/PA students including Prof who are PA/OTs. 2nd thing i disliked about them..

When did you guys interview?

I also got into NYIT.
Its really good college but their dorm sucks...2 miles away frm college:confused:

I also got into NYIT.

You really want to live in a dorm in grad school? thats kind of odd....

I am frn NJ and i cant commute 5 hrs everyday
I guess everyone lives in dorm...even for grad school...as its full time prog. and dont want to end up gettin bad grades

Check out the NYCOM thread. Most of them have apartments around campus. Even though it's slight pricey if you get 2 or 3 roomies it's manageable. If you get some roomies then you can all commute to class together and have some type of study group going as well.

I am frn NJ and i cant commute 5 hrs everyday
I guess everyone lives in dorm...even for grad school...as its full time prog. and dont want to end up gettin bad grades

can u post link as I am not able to find it...
no idea where is the NYCOM housing link
thanks

Ok before you click the link please be aware that this is the NYCOM 08-09 acceptance/update thread for applicants to find out what's going on and who's interviewing/ got in/ interview questions etc etc. Much like otu DPT section.

There is a small conversation about people living off campus, but close by so please read all 10 or + pages and it is in there somehwere..

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=525704

GL:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

can u post link as I am not able to find it...
no idea where is the NYCOM housing link
thanks

I'm currently a first year student at NYIT. Overall I am enjoying my experience there. The only classes taken with OT so far are kinesiology, neuroscience, and pathophysiology, but its not that big of a deal because the OT class only has 15 students or so. The faculty is great and they really challenge you to think and apply information. I was accepted to NYIT, NY Medical College, Seton Hall, and GW and am happy with my decision. My only bit of advice is to study hard right away bc falling behind could be disasterous. Also, I would wait before buying any textbook as a lot of the teachers test straight from their notes.

hello JKDPT
can u give me more info. abt dorms , housing, tutions and area?
please
thnks...
I aslo sent u message
thnks

hello JKDPT
can u give me more info. abt dorms , housing, tutions and area?
please
thnks...
I aslo sent u message
thnks

I'm not too sure about dorms b/c I commute, but NYIT is in a pretty nice/rich area. I have a few friends that live in the dorms that are really close by, I don't know how much they cost or what they're like. Tuition comes out to around $750 a credit, with the whole program being 100 credits, so figure 25K a year or so. Financial aid isn't hard to get and the financial aid office is very helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
thnks
do I have to have car if i live in dorms...or is it ok to use college shuttles...
sorry to disturb you..but really interested in NYIT.
can you ask ur frnds who dorms.
plzzzzzzzzzz:):):)

hi... i have an interview with NYIT this coming Tuesday. Since you already interviewed there, would you please tell me a little bit about the type of questions they ask, and the topic of the essay questions. I really want to go to NYIT and would appreciate any help/advice you can give me ... thanx...

first of all..people and professors working at NYIT are really really nice...
I was one hour late for an interview but they really helped me wid direction..
interview is one on one interview...5 mins not more...where as info. session is in group and its around 30 mins.
as i was late i missed info. session so i cant help you wid tht...but ques.
1) tell me your experience in PT volunteer work.
2) what kind of patient you helped and worked wid.
3) what is most interesting field in PT for you?...geriatric..pediatric...
4) for ex. if you say that "geriatric" is the field you are interrested in...they will ask you ..what did you learn so far abt geriatric ...wht problems old people have? ...make sure you know all the problems patients have.
and essay que.
i dont remember whole ques. but :
new generation is better or old generataion to perform best in PT???:confused:
Overall it was really good experience...nice prof. and nice campus.
good luck!!1:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::love: