Any idea when NYS oral bill will be passed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
allowing optometrist to prescribe orals? What is going on with this? Politics and the usual $$$ to grease politicians?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello07, O.D's already have oral prescribing rights in 47 states. Only Florida, New York, Massachusetts, and Maryland remain. Of those 47 ---44 states have narcotics prescribing privileges and almost 40 allow oral steroids to be prescribed. Only 4 states are in the "dark ages" regarding this use of therapeutics. Heck, lol, I wrote a valacyclovir (for a herpes infection) and a dicloxacillin prescription (under the auspice of my O.D. attending) not too long ago....I didn't even know that New York had an oral therapeutics bill. Can you give me the link?

Hello07, O.D's already have oral prescribing rights in 47 states. Only Florida, New York, Massachusetts, and Maryland remain. Of those 47 ---44 states have narcotics prescribing privileges and almost 40 allow oral steroids to be prescribed. Only 4 states are in the "dark ages" regarding this use of therapeutics. Heck, lol, I wrote a valacyclovir (for a herpes infection) and a dicloxacillin prescription (under the auspice of my O.D. attending) not too long ago....I didn't even know that New York had an oral therapeutics bill. Can you give me the link?

I just came from a trip over seas and we went to get diaper rash for my son at the pharmacy. We also picked up bulk Augmentin, Z-Pak and some birth control pills WITH NO Rx! LMAO! All the meds are given by the pharmacist and no Rx is required!

Also in NY nurses and physician asst's can even Rx orals and narcotics! Makes you feel real good right? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
allowing optometrist to prescribe orals? What is going on with this? Politics and the usual $$$ to grease politicians?

Wow! When I saw the title, I was thinking what type of oral are talking about? :p

Grow up Carly Ess. Your posts add nothing to these forums.

Grow up Carly Ess. Your posts add nothing to these forums.
On the contrary I think her posts add something important to this Forum...a sense of humor ! :rofl: Which is more, than I can about many other redundant, back biting, ego maniacle, nonsense that is posted so often. :smuggrin: