Any info on George Washington Program???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gymone1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I couldn't find much information on the GW program doing a search and not much on scutwork. Does anyone have any thoughts on this programs. Besides being an expensive place to live, what are the hours, call schedule, moonlighting opportunities like?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would be curious to know more about GW's program as well.

Hey...

Went to GW for med school.

The residency program is okay. It's relatively small, and the hours are not terrible. Not super competitive but getting better each year. Have to rotate at outside hospitals for hearts/peds, but can do a six month track in a specialty for your CA-3 year....can't do that at my program! It had a couple of tough years ~04/05....I think they had like 4 or 5 spots open from the match (they only take ~7 or 8 per year) but in the past years it appears they have gotten good people.

Doesn't seem super academic but is definitely not a community program.

The professors are nice enough. Just talk to a few of the residents. I think the chief resident there like from 2 years ago is on faculty there...he could probably tell you more.

DC is EXPENSIVE though.....expect to pay big money for rent/food etc. (1000/month for a efficiency in NW DC is living cheap!)

Of the two progs in DC (georgetown vs GW) it is much less malignant. Georgetown appears to be a workhorse program (at when I was applying it was) with malignant/punitive attgs.

Maybe a resident there could tell you more.

PAH-ACE. (peace)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told by the chairman of anesthesia at jackson mem hospital the DC programs are average.