Quantcast

Any info?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepak_nc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the restrictions on international students who apply to DO schools?
Anyone know which schools have been known to accept international students.
I got my BS in cell biology from UNC and will have a masters by the time I start med school.
MCAT =30
GPA= 3.9

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have some nice stats. I'm not sure how your international status will affect you. I know that US MD schools accept many international students so I don't see how US DO schools wouldn't as well. If they do, it should be a breeze for you getting into a DO school.

U4iA

εὐφορία
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not positive, but I think D.O. schools are more responsive to international students than M.D. schools. You could always call the admissions offices of a few of your top choices and see how they would handle your application. With your stats you will not have a problem getting in.

calcrew14

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
international students should consider osteopathic degree especially if they plan to practice medicine only in the usa or a very few other countries of choices (such as taiwan.) it is most likely that a caribbean medical school will give anyone with stats similar to yours a better chance to continue his/her medical career either in the home country or any place in this world outside of the usa.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.