Any info?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepak_nc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the restrictions on international students who apply to DO schools?
Anyone know which schools have been known to accept international students.
I got my BS in cell biology from UNC and will have a masters by the time I start med school.
MCAT =30
GPA= 3.9

Members don't see this ad.

You have some nice stats. I'm not sure how your international status will affect you. I know that US MD schools accept many international students so I don't see how US DO schools wouldn't as well. If they do, it should be a breeze for you getting into a DO school.

I am not positive, but I think D.O. schools are more responsive to international students than M.D. schools. You could always call the admissions offices of a few of your top choices and see how they would handle your application. With your stats you will not have a problem getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have great stats, I'm sure you will get into med school somewhere.

international students should consider osteopathic degree especially if they plan to practice medicine only in the usa or a very few other countries of choices (such as taiwan.) it is most likely that a caribbean medical school will give anyone with stats similar to yours a better chance to continue his/her medical career either in the home country or any place in this world outside of the usa.