Any information on Georgetown waitlist? Please post here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldcane

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any SDNers have any information on the G-town highly select pool? I've been calling and have gotten no information. Basically, I learned that there has been no movement, they have no idea when it will move, and that there are about 300 people on and only 25-30 usually get off. Those odds don't look very good for us. Anyone else? Anything?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an acceptance from the highly select pool back in feb. I was invited for the first week of interviews in october, waitlisted in dec, wrote a letter describing what i liked about the school, and was accepted a month later. i withdrew my place in the class in the beginning of may. there definitely has been movement on the list, so good luck!

Thanks DrSuga. Did you send in anything else besides the letter to Dr. Wall?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey oldcane, who told you that there were 300 people on the list? Man I wish it wasn't that high, I'd love to get off of the list. Its my number one choice by far.

The admissions officer that usually answers the phone told me. His name is Robert. Yeah, that number sounds really high to me too...that was all the information I could get out of him. definitely not good news.

I'm hoping most of those people didn't write a letter of interest, which means that the pool we are in is much smaller.

Hey,
I just wrote a simple letter of interest, because at the time, it was one of my top choices. I didn't follow up with other letters or anything. If you want, call Eugene Ford, director of admissions. He's really nice. His email is [email protected] and his number is 202 687 1733. You could also call Georgie (the interview coordinator) at 202 687 9506. They are really nice about everything, so I'm sure they'd tell you more accurate info about the list. I'm also pretty certain that most people invited to the highly select pool didn't write a letter and had their names removed. Hope this helps. If you guys are really interested, let them know. The sooner you get in, the sooner you can find off-campus housing, which is become increasingly difficult to find at a reasonable cost.

if you want to get in off of that list, you have to move up. the only way to do that is to write many, many letters.

Hey undecided2, you think its a good idea to write more than one letter? I already wrote one a few days after I got put on the list, but its my first choice by far. I've sent additional recommendations already too. I don't want to harass them, but did you write multiple letters? I went there too undergrad so I hope that helps some as well.

Hi TexasGuy,

I actually know some students on the admissions committee at Georgetown who tell me that writing more letters is the way to go. let them know it is your number one choice in the letter, even if that is all you have to say. definitely write more than one. I think I wrote 3 or 4 total, but I was accepted in early April.

hope this helps you out.