Any information on Vanderbilt's Masters Program in Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mightyheracross

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this program on the AAMC masters programs list and it piqued my interest. Its a great school - both undergrad and for med school and I have liked the area. However, I cannot find any information on the program. The website listed on the AAMC list is a generic website for all of Vandy's graduate programs. There is a program with a similar name on their website - Biological Sciences and Biomedical Sciences, but when I do more research on it, it looks like it is only a PhD program. I have called and emailed the contact person listed on the AAMC list, but have not heard back. Does anyone have any information on the program?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted into this program! It seems that it's brand new, hence, why there wasn't much information about it.The program has a webpage on Vanderbilt's website if you're still interested.

I just got accepted into this program! It seems that it's brand new, hence, why there wasn't much information about it.The program has a webpage on Vanderbilt's website if you're still interested.
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats? I have also applied to this program but I have not yet heard back.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
3.4cGPA/ 505 MCAT plus hundreds of clinical hours and 1000+ hrs of research experience.
When did you apply? And have you tried following up via email to check the status of your app?
That's awesome!! I have called and tried to reach the program director and the admissions office. It has been hard reaching them actually. I am going to email them again, is the correct email the graduateschool@vanderbilt (I can't post the entire email, it will not let me post)

That's awesome!! I have called and tried to reach the program director and the admissions office. It has been hard reaching them actually. I am going to email them again, is the correct email the graduateschool@vanderbilt (I can't post the entire email, it will not let me post)

Thanks! On the post bac program webpage, go to Admissions Req's, scroll down to bottom and email the contact listed there. ;)

Have you found out any more about the program than what is on the webpage? I was accepted today, and am debating between Vandy and BU MAMS. I know BU is a well-established program, but I would really prefer to be in Nashville, location-wise. I'm obviously not going to base my decision solely off of location, though, and the website was rather vague :/

Have you found out any more about the program than what is on the webpage? I was accepted today, and am debating between Vandy and BU MAMS. I know BU is a well-established program, but I would really prefer to be in Nashville, location-wise. I'm obviously not going to base my decision solely off of location, though, and the website was rather vague :/
I have not been accepted yet, but I called the school and spoke with the program director. He told me the program is new, this is their first year. The goal is to help students get into professional schools, but they do not have a record of that yet since it's their first year. He also stated that only about 10 students get in..so congrats!! But this is Vanderbilt, a prestigious institution, so most likely the quality of their program is high. If you go to the AAMC website and search for post baccs, and when Vanderbilt comes up, the number is there for the program director. Hope this helps! Good luck with your decision :)

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats! I'm still deciding between a couple other options as well. And the Nashville location is pretty cool

So pretty much what @tytytogo and...
If you're interested in MCAT prep, they offer 2 courses, one that partners with a private company.
The curriculum is super flexible, the director has recommendations/suggestions and there are a few required courses but besides that, you can take any course above the 2000 level in any school (and that's who you'll be graded against in those classes).

Can anyone provide some information on the program after attending?

Reactions: 1 user