You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Any interns or med student going to conference
Started by normalforce
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think there are a bunch of residents going from RIC (most of the PGY4s) - come to the RIC reception if you do make it out!!
normalforce said:Hey guys,
I am an intern and will be at RIC in July. Just seeing if there are any other interns or med students that use this board that are going to the AAPM&R converntion in Philly.
Cheers,
NF
Hey NF,
I sorta asked this on an older thread (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=216831) but got a varied response. I am definitely trying to go, but trying to garner some support from other classmates and underclassmen at my school to come along.. partially to split costs and to share in the fun of PM&R. I have an old classmate who will also be starting at RIC next July.. she's doing her categorical year at northwestern right now, so not sure if she will really have any time to go or not. How are you able to take time off during your internship to go?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
melancholy said:Hey NF,
I sorta asked this on an older thread (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=216831) but got a varied response. I am definitely trying to go, but trying to garner some support from other classmates and underclassmen at my school to come along.. partially to split costs and to share in the fun of PM&R. I have an old classmate who will also be starting at RIC next July.. she's doing her categorical year at northwestern right now, so not sure if she will really have any time to go or not. How are you able to take time off during your internship to go?
We get 28 paid days off here at the Polo Club and $2000 CME. Very nice stuff.
So, no problem getting time off.
If you go, PM me.
NF
As a quick aside (and CME envy), how frequently will your program allow you to go to conferences? Generally, our program will spring for AAPMR in your PGY4 year (thus, hello Boston, not hello Honolulu 🙁 )
DOctorJay said:I'll be attending along with other members of the PM&R Club from UMDNJ-SOM.
-J, OMS-II
You guys have a PM&R club at UMDNJ? I'd possibly be interested in trying to start something like that up at my med school... it's a shame barely anyone hears about PM&R at my school in socal. I'll have to get some more information from you sometime.. does the club have a website or a president email you can send me? Thanks!
NF: yeah I'll PM you as soon as I register. Sounds like a sweet deal at RIC..
That's Normal Force's internship program's policy, not RIC. RIC will fund PGY3s or above with poster/abstract presentations. (up to 1500 per conference) They sometimes make exceptions for PGY2s with presentations.
axm397 said:That's Normal Force's internship program's policy, not RIC. RIC will fund PGY3s or above with poster/abstract presentations. (up to 1500 per conference) They sometimes make exceptions for PGY2s with presentations.
Yep, AXM is correct. Just my internship, which is at a small community hospital in Michigan. When you are there, you work hard, but they do have one of the nicest "benefit packages" I have ever seen.
Later,
NF
melancholy said:You guys have a PM&R club at UMDNJ? I'd possibly be interested in trying to start something like that up at my med school... it's a shame barely anyone hears about PM&R at my school in socal. I'll have to get some more information from you sometime.. does the club have a website or a president email you can send me? Thanks!
NF: yeah I'll PM you as soon as I register. Sounds like a sweet deal at RIC..
We have a club for practically every specialty at UMDNJ-SOM. I am Co-President of the PM&R club and President of the Orthopedics club. Feel free to PM me about how we went about getting started and our activities. We try to have a meeting every month and I've made some excellent contacts by being involved in this manner.
Good luck with getting a club started at your school and see you in Philly!
-J
DOctorJay said:We have a club for practically every specialty at UMDNJ-SOM. I am Co-President of the PM&R club and President of the Orthopedics club. Feel free to PM me about how we went about getting started and our activities. We try to have a meeting every month and I've made some excellent contacts by being involved in this manner.
Good luck with getting a club started at your school and see you in Philly!
-J
I remember when I started it at UMDNJ, there were only 3 or 4 people in it. Its very encourging to here it has a following now.
BklynWill said:I'm an MSII and I'll be going to the med student portion on 10/29 👍
Anyone else going from PCOM?
I'll be there... I'm an MSI here at PCOM
axm397 said:I think there are a bunch of residents going from RIC (most of the PGY4s) - come to the RIC reception if you do make it out!!
Hi how are ya'? This is the first time i'm using this site so I hope this goes through ok. Anyways I am currently a 5th yr med student (dual degree), and am very interested in RIC's PM&R program. I know that RIC has strong spinal cord and sports med programs, which are two areas that I fascinated with. I mostly just wanted to get your take on the program, and if you have any advice for the upcoming interview and match process? I'm in contact with Dr. Nussbaum in regards to the possibility of coming out to Chicago for a couple of weeks to get a better feel for the program.....can't afford to be out there for an entire month. Well any suggestions you could provide would be fantastic. Also contemplating attending the conference in Philly since I live just a hop and a skip away in southern New Jersey. Thanks for your help!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fernanca said:Hi how are ya'? This is the first time i'm using this site so I hope this goes through ok. Anyways I am currently a 5th yr med student (dual degree), and am very interested in RIC's PM&R program. I know that RIC has strong spinal cord and sports med programs, which are two areas that I fascinated with. I mostly just wanted to get your take on the program, and if you have any advice for the upcoming interview and match process? I'm in contact with Dr. Nussbaum in regards to the possibility of coming out to Chicago for a couple of weeks to get a better feel for the program.....can't afford to be out there for an entire month. Well any suggestions you could provide would be fantastic. Also contemplating attending the conference in Philly since I live just a hop and a skip away in southern New Jersey. Thanks for your help!
The reviews on scutwork website on RIC is fairly accurate. We have 10months of inpt our PGY2 yr - with 2months each of TBI, SCI, General, Ortho, and Stroke. Also have two months of out pt therapy and clinics. We get once a week clinic in clinics of our choice starting January of our PGY2 year. SCi is phenominal here. Dr. Nussbaum is a good advocate for students. I would strongly recommend you visit. Sports med is also big - with some name docs here. We get sports and spine lectures once a week and anatomy once a week. Where do you go to med school in s jersey?
Hope this helps.
axm397 said:The reviews on scutwork website on RIC is fairly accurate. We have 10months of inpt our PGY2 yr - with 2months each of TBI, SCI, General, Ortho, and Stroke. Also have two months of out pt therapy and clinics. We get once a week clinic in clinics of our choice starting January of our PGY2 year. SCi is phenominal here. Dr. Nussbaum is a good advocate for students. I would strongly recommend you visit. Sports med is also big - with some name docs here. We get sports and spine lectures once a week and anatomy once a week. Where do you go to med school in s jersey?
Hope this helps.
Thank-you so much for the feedback! I'm actually in e-mail contact w/ Dr. Nussbaum now. I unfortuantely could not afford to stay in the Chicago area for an entire month due to an illness in my family and my financial status. However i'm hoping to get out there for two weeks in November......Dr. Nussbaum is a difficult man to get a hold of....hope it works out! I'm currently a student at Robert Wood Johnson Med school. So ready to graduate and hopefully get back out to the Chicago area....miss it so much. If you have any other suggestions throw em' my way. Take care and have a great night!
-Carmella
I'll be headed to the conference...but only to the medical student portion of it on saturday the 29th
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K