Any Interview Advice FROM NYCOM Students???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ski2Doc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have an interview in the beginning of December. Any advice from CURRENT/PAST students?
I have checked out interview feedback but something from those that matriculated.
Also, i need a good reason WHY Nycom for the secondary. I mean, i think its a lcose school and i love new york but anything more concrete?

Members don't see this ad.

Ski2Doc said:
Have an interview in the beginning of December. Any advice from CURRENT/PAST students?
I have checked out interview feedback but something from those that matriculated.
Also, i need a good reason WHY Nycom for the secondary. I mean, i think its a lcose school and i love new york but anything more concrete?

Listen if you're half way decent, they'll take you. They'll take anyone. Why NYCOM? I have no idea. It was my safety, but I am happy there so far. Maybe write that you are excited by there excellent clinical rotation opportunities such as Maimonides, St. Barnabas and others in the New York City area. That's a good line of B.S.

Good Luck

There's a pond with some ducks like 20 feet from the lecture halls. You can say you love ducks. Or throwing rocks at ducks.

Members don't see this ad :)
their roations ARE actually one of my reasons i really want to go there, its not b.s.
They have excellent hospitals affiliations. Also the matchlist (not that they are the best indicator) is pretty good, and on par with many md schools.

Anything else good?

The f*cking pond. Are you not paying attention ???

beastmaster said:
I suppose you can yell at them.

Our biochem professor announced to the class one day that she was saddened that there were cracked duck eggs found all over the grounds.

Damn interviewees.

If you don't mind telling me, what were your stats?

Ifellinapothole said:
Listen if you're half way decent, they'll take you. They'll take anyone. Why NYCOM? I have no idea. It was my safety, but I am happy there so far. Maybe write that you are excited by there excellent clinical rotation opportunities such as Maimonides, St. Barnabas and others in the New York City area. That's a good line of B.S.

Good Luck