Any interview spots left?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I heart Biology

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering for those of you who have received interview invites to the PA schools in the past 2 weeks, when were the interviews for? I am just trying to get a feel for how booked up the schools are. I know I have talked to people who don't have an interview at drexel until March, so I just wanted to see if the other PA schools are like that too. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can feel free to add schools from other states if you have recently heard about interviews there. I am just trying to figure out some kind of connection between this point in the year and how full the schools are

so no one has gotten an interview anywhere recently? I would really appreciate any kind of response, even if you just heard in passing about some of the schools and when people have interviews for.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got my drexel interview last week and booked the interview for 1/19. considering drexel does tons of interviews i would GUESS that this is pretty late and that other schools have earlier dates. and keep in mind, interviews continue til APRIL. so there's plenty of time. good luck.
-mota

I have an interview at U Pitt. Looking at the U Pitt interview availability schedule, November and December are pretty much all booked up. Spots remain in January and lots in February-on.

I just scheduled a Case interview for January 13th (aka FRIDAY the 13th... dum dum DUM). It was the first available Friday, although my impression was that they were scheduling somewhat sooner for Monday and Tuesday interviews.

I heart Biology said:
so no one has gotten an interview anywhere recently? I would really appreciate any kind of response, even if you just heard in passing about some of the schools and when people have interviews for.

I just got my UMich invite about a week ago for DEcember...

kaffy said:
I just got my UMich invite about a week ago for DEcember...

haha. michigan IS in pennsylvania for those of you that think kaffy is crazy.
-mota

haha - sorry I didnt see PA. I guess I am just so out-of-it from staring at the computer... :laugh:

Hey, i heart biology, too. what a coincidence...
anyway when i talked to drexel last week they were booked up until feb and my interview is now booked for jan 30th.
even though its not in PA, i got my interview two weeks ago from NY Med, and the first available was 2/6.
Has anyone recently heard about an interview at Jefferson? How is their availability?

It's great that you added umich, it gives me a better idea of what most of the med schools are doing. most of them are probably running at about the same fill rate anyway ( I know there are exceptions)

Got an invite from Pitt last week or so and immediately grabbed a spot. It's 12/6, so not too late.

I got one from Drexel a while ago and just interviewed there. awesome school. students are great and the faculty is focussed on students.

fiddler

Anybody know how the invites are coming in from Penn? Are they inviting in batches or on certain days? I'm waiting to hear from them so that (hopefully) I can lump that interview together with another one up in the northeast. Unfortunately, it's been a long wait so far...onwards of 5 weeks now since I got my other one, and I really don't want to wait any longer. I just know that once I give up on them and book my flight tothe other one only, Penn's going to drop me an e-mail the next day...

SUNY upstate Dec 7, Albany medical 8, Medical University of Ohio Feb9

well I got a letter about a Drexel interview today. They are booked up until march but they happened to have an opening in late Nov when I called