Any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdboy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When should we expect to start hearing about interviews? Do any programs acknowledge that they have downloaded the applications and are in the process of reviewing it... or will we just hear from them if we got interviews or have been rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

sdboy said:
When should we expect to start hearing about interviews? Do any programs acknowledge that they have downloaded the applications and are in the process of reviewing it... or will we just hear from them if we got interviews or have been rejected?

I was getting ready to post the same question!

Any 2004 Match participants know when they started to hear from programs?

Swaydaa said:
I was getting ready to post the same question!

Any 2004 Match participants know when they started to hear from programs?

About 3/4 of the 30 programs that I have applied to have downloaded my application... hence, not all of them have even STARTED yet. A few, such as UFla, UVA, UMich, and SLU are getting started on their interview process. A few others, such as Mount Sinai, and a few others that I have heard other people on here speak of, are sending out these "we got your application, our interview season is as such, and we look forward to meeting you," without actually extending an invitation.

Members don't see this ad :)
UF: interview dates sent
Johns Hopkins: received app
WF: received app

Thanks to the hurricanes and our Dean's office person being out of town, transcripts/LoR's have not been posted.

Yeah, I received emails form Yale and Wake Forest confirming they received my application. Nothing else yet

Received an invitation for an interview with Hopkins and UF- other programs responded that they received app.

snowman8 said:
Received an invitation for an interview with Hopkins and UF- other programs responded that they received app.

Congrats snowman! Good luck

Gator05 said:
UF: interview dates sent
Johns Hopkins: received app
WF: received app

Thanks to the hurricanes and our Dean's office person being out of town, transcripts/LoR's have not been posted.

Yeah I've started to get interviews too. I've gotten 3/11 that I applied to.

nimbsexkitten said:
Yeah I've started to get interviews too. I've gotten 3/11 that I applied to.

Do you mind posting where and when? Thanks

Today - Virginia Commonwealth and Univ. of Iowa via e-mail.

sdboy said:

I've only heard back from one program thus far, being Johns Hopkins, and they won't consider an interview until my school scans my LOR's into the ERAS system. Of my 11 choices, 6 have downloaded info on me so far...Rush, Northwestern, Cleveland Clinic, Case Western, UK, and JHU. Still waiting on Maryland, IU, Loyola-Chi, UIC, and Penn State to do their downloading thang. At least, my school has promised :smuggrin: that they would scan my LOR's very soon.

Recieved invite to Virginia Commonwealth early last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
B_ADAMS said:
Recieved invite to Virginia Commonwealth early last week.

Ben,

I didn't know you were destined for Gas :eek:

Excellent choice!! :thumbup:

Dr. S

received invite from johns hopkins yesterday for interview! have heard from oregon and mssm that they have downloaded my app. this is so exciting!

I just submitted yesterday. How do you know who downloaded your app?

apellous said:

It's hit or miss at this point. Those with interviews have not posted their stats, so it's hard to say.

Hope they start coming in soon!! Good Luck

apellous said:

When you are signed inot ERAS, there is a link at the top that states "Track applications." It will tell you what documents are there and who have downloaded them.

For those of you who are getting interviews at some of the top programs, I was wondering how high your steps and grades are. Thanks for the help. I was just wondering what to expect since I will be going through it next year.

got invite from st. vincent's

receipt emails from sinai and georgetown...

U Michigan 9/8
U Virginia 9/8
SLU 9/9 (Very weird, short letter)

Receipt from Wake and Mount Sinai 9/10

Oregon still hasn't downloaded app yet, as opposed to jayhawk... maybe it's that being without a letter from a PD thing. (I think they can view our apps before they download them, but that may be misinformation)

utlonghorn50 said:
For those of you who are getting interviews at some of the top programs, I was wondering how high your steps and grades are. Thanks for the help. I was just wondering what to expect since I will be going through it next year.

253 step 1

There you go fellas...It's clear to see what a 253 will do for you. congrats snowman!

Congrats dorian....medical school is finally paying off!

Lets just hope us bottom feeders start getting some invites!

Emory 9/13, via phone call

For those who asked: Step 1-243, upper 1/3 of class

Submitted my application this AM. Hope to be joining the interview crew later this week. Congrats to all of you who have gotten interviews already. Don't despair for those who have not - a LOT of programs don't even start sending out interview invites until after Nov 1st when the dean's letter is released... Best of luck to everyone. Hope to see you all on the interview trail.

Got my first Interview invite this afternoon 9/13, University of CT

As with above posters, most other programs have sent the "we have received your app" e-mail.

Hope this opens the flood gate of interview invites!

-B

Got the regrets letter from Univ of CT today(9-13), oh well lots more to go.

Congrats to everyone who have received interviews. I was wondering if anyone had received invites from any texas programs yet. Thanks!

utlonghorn50 said:
Congrats to everyone who have received interviews. I was wondering if anyone had received invites from any texas programs yet. Thanks!

Applied to Galveston and Baylor, they downloaded my app, but no word at all from either of them yet.

Emory, 9/13 via phone as well

Swaydaa, I wouldn't worry at all about the interviews being slow, they are likely to be slow until at least mid-next month if the posts from last year hold true. There are just a few programs who apparently like to get on their game early. 85% of the many programs that I applied to haven't sent me squat yet or some haven't even downloaded my app (including what I preliminarily think will be my top two choices)

Congrats to all of those who have received interviews and good luck to all of those participating in the anesthesia match, and hopefully I'll see some of you out on the trail as well.

Well, I woke up this morning (9/14) with an invitation (via email) to the University of Florida! I'ts my first one so I'm pretty darn excited. Now I can relax a little. :D

Invite from St Louis University (9/14). I agree with Dorian, the email was short and very weird. Had to search the WEB to confirm who sent the email.

Hey Dorian, when are you interviewing at SLU? I'm going on Sept 30th.

It's weird that both of my interviews will take place before my Deans letter is released. I received a copy of my Deans Letter and it's awesome.....my LOR's suck pretty bad. Wish they had that instead.

Kudo's on the SLU invite! I had a friend last year say it was an awesome interview; I'm wondering about going back and applying for their TY year...

FWIW, MGH sent out an email this AM about their Beecher scholarship. Any thoughts/insights? Looks like a good program. Is MGH open to combining that 40% clinical with a fellowship?

got invite from emory via phone call yesterday.

for people who want it: step 1- 221/90, step 2- 238/96.

good luck to everyone!

Swaydaa, congrats on the invites. I will be at SLU Nov. 4th. I have NO idea what they were doing in the email saying their only available dates (or at least acting like that) were on Sep. 21 & 23rd. Oh well, good luck at your interview. :)

I guess I'll also post for those asking: Step 1 - 248/99 Step 2 245/99

Also got the Beecher thing today, but I'm not big into research (at this point anyway), so I don't think I will be going for it.... not to mention that I would have no research to talk about in a application for a research scholarship position. ;)

Dorian Gray said:
Swaydaa, congrats on the invites. I will be at SLU Nov. 4th. I have NO idea what they were doing in the email saying their only available dates (or at least acting like that) were on Sep. 21 & 23rd. Oh well, good luck at your interview. :)

I guess I'll also post for those asking: Step 1 - 248/99 Step 2 245/99

Also got the Beecher thing today, but I'm not big into research (at this point anyway), so I don't think I will be going for it.... not to mention that I would have no research to talk about in a application for a research scholarship position. ;)

Holy Sheet everyones got me by a long shot on this forum. Those are awesome scores...WOW.

Yeah, I think I should have tried for another date at SLU. They said the 28th or 30th is all they had open. I bet they are trying to fill them with earliest dates first. Need to buy a suit really soon!

Swaydaa said:
Holy Sheet everyones got me by a long shot on this forum (I have a 93/93). Those are awesome scores...WOW.

Please try not to at all judge your shot at residency positions based on your board scores. Read some of the publications that discuss how residency positions are chosen or even talk to a few program directors about it. You'll find it's all about a personality match, not taking the one with the best grades or test scores. We ALL have good board scores, good grades, LOR's, etc...it's all about what you do at that interview that matters most. Just wait for your interview, be it early or late, and show yourself off the best you can. :thumbup:

Good luck!

ruptured hymen finally. Got Iowa today 9/14

I feel like a woman

apellous

LMAO Apellous...that was funny.

I agree with the total package theory too. The interview is where everything can come together OR fall apart! Just a little amazed at all the great scores I'm seeing. Gongrats on the interviews.

First interview invite! Johns Hopkins - today via email. I'm excited.

Still hoping the military will allow me to do Anesthesia residency :(

In the meantime...

Interview offers at University of Michigan, Johns Hopkins, and University of Texas-Southwestern

Look forward to seeing everybody on the interview trail :)

P.S. For those aspiring D.O.s... Take the USMLE... My stats are top 1/5 of class, 650 Step I COMLEX, 225 Step I USMLE (Taken during 4th year), Good LORs (Some better than others), recent research experience with possible publications.

Everybody who is slow on recieving interviews...hang in there, and have faith that they will come.

sethco said:
Interview offers at University of Michigan, Johns Hopkins, and University of Texas-Southwestern

Look forward to seeing everybody on the interview trail :)

P.S. For those aspiring D.O.s... Take the USMLE... My stats are top 1/5 of class, 650 Step I COMLEX, 225 Step I USMLE (Taken during 4th year), Good LORs (Some better than others), recent research experience with possible publications.

Everybody who is slow on recieving interviews...hang in there, and have faith that they will come.

Seth,

Wow, you really rocked the COMLEX. Good job! I wish I could have taken the USMLE, but it's much too late to help now. I just didn't have the cash to pony up to take the test, and I was truly brain-fried after finishing up the COMLEX. My research experience was pretty minimal, but my grades and LOR's are incredibly good...so I'm hopeful.

Still no word from any of my ACGME programs yet. Hopkins sent me an email receipt of my application, but nothing else yet.

Does anyone know if most programs send out application invitations by email or by snail mail? Combo of both? Anyone?

Thanks!!

Hang in there friend...

I applied to about 30+ programs and have I only heard back from a total of 7 programs and half of those were just acknowledging their reciept of my application

I have not recieved any snail mail yet from programs, just e-mails. I think most of the programs wait until they recieve the Dean's Letter before giving out invites (Purely Speculation on the rumor mill, so don't quote me)...

Anyway good luck in the interview process :thumbup:

SLU- by email 9/10
UAB- by mail sent out 9/10, arrived 9/13

scores 226/92 step 1, and congrats to all those who did well and really well, happy to see outstanding applicants and fellow residents to come :)

I was under the average applicant that gets accepted to anes has an ave. Step I of 220. Is this wrong or is it just that above average people use this forum. Thanks to those of you posting your scores.

utlonghorn50 said:
I was under the average applicant that gets accepted to anes has an ave. Step I of 220. Is this wrong or is it just that above average people use this forum. Thanks to those of you posting your scores.

You are under the right impression. Most people applying have scores around 210-230....they just don't post their scores.

As the title states, it's completely unscientific...but you can see a trend in this thread below

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=149086

Swaydaa said:
You are under the right impression. Most people applying have scores around 210-230....they just don't post their scores.

As the title states, it's completely unscientific...but you can see a trend in this thread below

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=149086

Yes, I agree as well. My stats:
Step I/II: 217/226
Applied to 30 programs, one interview so far. I'm thinking (hoping?!) that scores are not as important as they're made out to be on many of these forums.

jtw said:
Yes, I agree as well. My stats:
Step I/II: 217/226
Applied to 30 programs, one interview so far. I'm thinking (hoping?!) that scores are not as important as they're made out to be on many of these forums.

Just remember, 220 is just an average. Don't be discouraged--you will be happy with where you match.