Any last minute schools to add on the allopathic side

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

infinitestars

Reaction score
stats:
1) institutional action in 2022 first sem senior year; lab report plagiarism senior year expunged , B- in course, graduated
2) MCAT second retake 509 (127/126/127/129) , first take 505 (126/123/125/131)
3) gpa 3.93
4)new job clinical research assistant for hematology/oncology department
4) clinical experience: medical scribe: 540 hours + HHA 2500 hours + hospice 14 hours (projected 100 by 2025)
5) research: undergraduate 2 years doing PubMed literature searches and writing a paper
6) nonclinical volunteer 400+ hours poverty food banks, delivering meals to home bound seniors, got a president's volunteer service award from americorps
7) 100 shadowing hospital
8) covid virtual internship
9) teaching assistant gen chem + teaching assistant restorative justice (former summer employment)

School List:

NY

1. University at Buffalo (511)
  2. Downstate Medical Center (513)
  3. Upstate Medical Center (513)
  4. Albany (510)
  5. New York Medical College ( 516)
  6. NYU Grossman Long Island School of Medicine (515)
Vermont

1. Vermont ( 513)
Connecticut

1. Quinnipiac (513)
New Jersey

1. Hackensack (515)
Pennsylvania

1. Penn State (511)
  2. Drexel (512)
  3. Temple (512)
  4. Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine (512)
  5. Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University (514)
DC

1. George Washington ( 512)
  2. Georgetown University School-Medicine (515)
  3. Howard (506)
Virginia

1. Virginia Commonwealth (513)
  2. Eastern Virginia (512)
  3. West Virginia University School of Medicine (510)
  4. Virginia Tech (513)
North Carolina

1. Wake Forest ( 512)
South Carolina

1. University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville (510)
Florida
  1. NOVA MD (513)
  2. University central florida (515)
Tennessee

1. Belmont (New school in Nashville TN no stats)
Illinois

1. Rosalind Franklin (513)
  2. RUSH (511)
  3. Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine ( 512)
Wisconsin

1. Medical College Wisconsin (510)
Michigan

1. Oakland Beaumont (511)
  2. Wayne State University School of Medicine ( 513)
  3. Central Michigan University College of Medicine ( 507)
Arkansas

1. UAMS ( 507)

Indiana

1. Indiana University School of Medicine (512)

Oklahoma

1. University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (510)
Kansas

1. University of Kansas School of Medicine (510)
Georgia

1. Morehouse School of Medicine ( 507)
Oregon
  1. Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine ( 511)
Arizona
  1. University of Arizona (511)
IOWA
  1. University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine (515)
Massachusets

1. TUFTS (515)
Montana

1. Saint Louis University School of Medicine (513)
Nebraska:

1. Creighton (515)
Maryland

1. University of maryland (514)

————————————————
DO Schools:
NY

1. NYITCOM
  2. Touro-NY (500) (no essay just need a KASPER DATE)
  3. TUNCOM (Touro University Nevada's College of Osteopathic Medicine 506) (only one question)
  4. Touro California
Maine
  1. UNECOM (University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine mcat 504) (4000 words 2 questions) (easy)

1. LECOM (all schools) )504 Erie, SH, and Elmira as one school. Bradenton counts as a different school. (easy)
    1. ERIE, PA.
    2. ELMIRA, NY.
    3. GREENSBURG, PA.
  2. LECOM BRADENTON, FL.
  3. PCOM/PCOM SOUTH GEORGIA (4000)
  4. PCOM GEORGIA (4,200)
  5. WVSOM ( West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine 502)
  6. UP-KYCOM (UNIVERSITY OF PIKEVILLE–KENTUCKY COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICIN)
  7. MU-COM (Marian University's College of Osteopathic Medicine illinois 494)
  8. CCOM ( Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCOM) 509 mcat ! ) (4000 words 2 questions)
  9. CUSOM
  10. DMU-COM (Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine Iowa 508) (4650 ( 2000 2 questions, 500 1, 150 1)
  11. ATSU-KCOM (Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine Missouri 503)
  12. ATSU-KCOM (ARIZONA)
  13. KCU-COM (Kansas City University: Osteopathic Medical School 505) (2,200)
  14. AZCOM (Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine 506) (no words ?)
  15. UIWSOM (University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine texas 503)
  16. ACOM (Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine 511)
  17. WCU-COM (College of Osteopathic Medicine at William Carey University mississippi 504)
  18. Noorda-COM (Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine utah 500)
  19. CUSOM (Campbell University - School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) - Leon Levine Hall of Medical Sciences north carolina 507)
  20. LMU-DCOM (Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine Tennessee 499)
  21. VCOM (EDWARD VIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE - VIRGINIA CAMPUSs)
  22. ARCOM (Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine)
  23. NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY DR. KIRAN C. PATEL COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
  24. OSU-COM oklahoma state osteopathic medical school (492)
  25. Burrell COM (496) (AND BCOM FLORIDA)
  26. OUHCOM (OHIO UNIVERSITY HERITAGE COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE) (504)
  27. LUCOM (Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine) (800 words)
  28. MSUCOM (MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE)
  29. western university of health sciences/college of osteopathic medicine of the pacific northwest)
  30. Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
  31. PACIFIC NORTHWEST UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE (washington state) (500 words)
  32. Rowan-virtuaSOM-Sewell
  33. RVUCOM (Rocky Vista University Colorado)
  34. ICOM (IDAHO COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE) (3000 characters)
  35. DUQCOM (Duquesne University College of Osteopathic Medicine)

Members don't see this ad.

Previously

How many schools is this???

I didn't know St. Louis is in Montana ;) Have you checked your OOS stats as a NY applicant? Seriously: Kansas? Greenville SC? Oregon? Arkansas? Indiana? Howard?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Previously

How many schools is this???

I didn't know St. Louis is in Montana ;) Have you checked your OOS stats as a NY applicant? Seriously: Kansas? Greenville SC? Oregon? Arkansas? Indiana? Howard?

LMAO i didn't know it was in Montana either I'll fix that. Uh 45 MD and 40 DO. i know the stats are low for oos maybe I'll resonate with whoever reads my application that's the hope I have to shoot my shot. I want to go somewhere in 2025. Anywhere in the USA. Any more MD schools ?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
LMAO i didn't know it was in Montana either I'll fix that. Uh 45 MD and 40 DO. i know the stats are low for oos maybe I'll resonate with whoever reads my application that's the hope I have to shoot my shot. I want to go somewhere in 2025. Anywhere in the USA. Any more MD schools ?
For the sake of sanity, I suggest a list no longer than 30 schools. You've got 85 overall schools... I see you have marked how many of them may require writing secondaries, but many may also require you to register onto their special AMP/application portals to complete more forms and more questions than just the secondary prompts. Shotgun approach is not the way to go as your essay writing and submissions start to get sloppy over time.

For the sake of sanity, I suggest a list no longer than 30 schools. You've got 85 overall schools... I see you have marked how many of them may require writing secondaries, but many may also require you to register onto their special AMP/application portals to complete more forms and more questions than just the secondary prompts. Shotgun approach is not the way to go as your essay writing and submissions start to get sloppy over time.
Mr.Smile, I think you may be underestimating how many schools will throw my application in the trash for my IA and not even send me a secondary. I can do it; it's just three months of pain, but I think 85 is the most I can do I shouldn't go anymore. I will cap it.

Mr.Smile, I think you may be underestimating how many schools will throw my application in the trash for my IA and not even send me a secondary. I can do it; it's just three months of pain, but I think 85 is the most I can do I shouldn't go anymore. I will cap it.
That's possible, but I don't see how the schools I questioned (Kansas? Greenville SC? Oregon? Arkansas? Indiana? Howard? ADD: Morehouse? Central Michigan?) would review your IA if you don't fit as a mission-critical student (especially supporting those who come from marginalized backgrounds in their state). For example, Kansas has clearly stated how it determines OOS applicants' commitment to serve Kansas healthcare needs.

It looks like, per your old post, you are a resident of NY. Is this correct?

If so, I would highly recommend removing University of Oklahoma if you do not have STRONG state ties. Their OOS acceptance rate during the year I applied was around 1%, and that 1% tended to have really high stats. OOS tuition was also super high. Same with OK state, except lower tuition, lower stats, and more friendliness toward regional (as opposed to just those from the state itself) applicants.

I'm also not as up on the South Carolina schools, but I feel that I've heard through the grapevine that they are also very OOS unfriendly. I think that one won't even look at your application if you are not a resident (MUSC?). Same with PNWU, which has a strong preference for applicants from the pacific northwest.

Get MSAR if you haven't already!

That's possible, but I don't see how the schools I questioned (Kansas? Greenville SC? Oregon? Arkansas? Indiana? Howard? ADD: Morehouse? Central Michigan?) would review your IA if you don't fit as a mission-critical student (especially supporting those who come from marginalized backgrounds in their state). For example, Kansas has clearly stated how it determines OOS applicants' commitment to serve Kansas healthcare needs.
I have ties to Georgia and Arkansas! Not the other states sadly. My application is all about serving underserved communities and disadvantaged individuals and primary care. Still they wont value that because I'm from NY you are saying ?

It looks like, per your old post, you are a resident of NY. Is this correct?

If so, I would highly recommend removing University of Oklahoma if you do not have STRONG state ties. Their OOS acceptance rate during the year I applied was around 1%, and that 1% tended to have really high stats. OOS tuition was also super high. Same with OK state, except lower tuition, lower stats, and more friendliness toward regional (as opposed to just those from the state itself) applicants.

I'm also not as up on the South Carolina schools, but I feel that I've heard through the grapevine that they are also very OOS unfriendly. I think that one won't even look at your application if you are not a resident (MUSC?). Same with PNWU, which has a strong preference for applicants from the pacific northwest.

Get MSAR if you haven't already!
1% too low, i will remove OK state, University of Oklahoma, and PNWU. Appreciate it.

Remove the Univ of AZ unless you speak Spanish and have demonstrated experience supporting Hispanic populations.

Some schools average multiple MCAT scores. AMCAS recommends that schools do this. Some do, some don’t and we don’t know who does what. But with your list of 40 MD schools I’d leave out schools with MCATS so high you might be screened out. Just a waste of time and money.

I have ties to Georgia and Arkansas! Not the other states sadly. My application is all about serving underserved communities and disadvantaged individuals and primary care. Still they wont value that because I'm from NY you are saying ?
State schools favor the home team. What exactly are your ties to the States you mentioned? Having your grandparents living there is not a tie.

Here is a more realistic list:

Albany
Drexel
EVMS
Gtown
GWU
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
NEOMED
Netter
Nova MD
Oakland-B
Rosy Franklin
Rush
SLU
TCU
Temple
Tulane
U VM
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Wake Forest
Wayne State
All SUNYs

NYITCOM
Touro-NY (500) (no essay just need a KASPER DATE)
TUNCOM (Touro University Nevada's College of Osteopathic Medicine 506) (only one question)
Touro California
UNECOM (University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine mcat 504) (4000 words 2 questions) (easy)
LECOM (all schools) )504 Erie, SH, and Elmira as one school. Bradenton counts as a different school. (easy)
LECOM BRADENTON, FL.
PCOM/PCOM SOUTH GEORGIA (4000)
PCOM GEORGIA (4,200)
WVSOM ( West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine 502)
UP-KYCOM (UNIVERSITY OF PIKEVILLE–KENTUCKY COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICIN)
MU-COM (Marian University's College of Osteopathic Medicine illinois 494)
CCOM ( Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCOM) 509 mcat ! ) But watch tuition!
CUSOM
DMU-COM (Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine Iowa 508) (4650 ( 2000 2 questions, 500 1, 150 1)
ATSU-KCOM (Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine Missouri 503)
KCU-COM (Kansas City University: Osteopathic Medical School 505) (2,200)
AZCOM (Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine 506) (no words ?)
UIWSOM (University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine texas 503)
ACOM (Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine 511)
WCU-COM (College of Osteopathic Medicine at William Carey University mississippi 504)
CUSOM (Campbell University - School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) - Leon Levine Hall of Medical Sciences north carolina 507)
VCOM (EDWARD VIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE - VIRGINIA CAMPUSs)
ARCOM (Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine)
NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY DR. KIRAN C. PATEL COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
western university of health sciences/college of osteopathic medicine of the pacific northwest)
Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
Rowan-virtuaSOM-Sewell

NOTE:
Apply to 25-35 schools.
You'll burn yourself out and the quality will deteriorate.

I can do it; it's just three months of pain, but I think 85 is the most I can do I shouldn't go anymore. I will cap it.

Do yourself a favor and lose the hubris.

can do it; it's just three months of pain, but I think 85 is the most I can do I shouldn't go anymore. I will cap it.
Alternatively: lose the desperation. Repeating what you said: You were caught plagiarizing your senior year in 2022 (record expunged). A carpet-bomb application strategy is not the way to demonstrate contrition, even if you have the funds to do so.

• Love
Alternatively: lose the desperation. Repeating what you said: You were caught plagiarizing your senior year in 2022 (record expunged). A carpet-bomb application strategy is not the way to demonstrate contrition, even if you have the funds to do so.
appreciate the advice

Here is a more realistic list:

Albany
Drexel
EVMS
Gtown
GWU
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
NEOMED
Netter
Nova MD
Oakland-B
Rosy Franklin
Rush
SLU
TCU
Temple
Tulane
U VM
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Wake Forest
Wayne State
All SUNYs

NYITCOM
Touro-NY (500) (no essay just need a KASPER DATE)
TUNCOM (Touro University Nevada's College of Osteopathic Medicine 506) (only one question)
Touro California
UNECOM (University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine mcat 504) (4000 words 2 questions) (easy)
LECOM (all schools) )504 Erie, SH, and Elmira as one school. Bradenton counts as a different school. (easy)
LECOM BRADENTON, FL.
PCOM/PCOM SOUTH GEORGIA (4000)
PCOM GEORGIA (4,200)
WVSOM ( West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine 502)
UP-KYCOM (UNIVERSITY OF PIKEVILLE–KENTUCKY COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICIN)
MU-COM (Marian University's College of Osteopathic Medicine illinois 494)
CCOM ( Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCOM) 509 mcat ! ) But watch tuition!
CUSOM
DMU-COM (Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine Iowa 508) (4650 ( 2000 2 questions, 500 1, 150 1)
ATSU-KCOM (Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine Missouri 503)
KCU-COM (Kansas City University: Osteopathic Medical School 505) (2,200)
AZCOM (Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine 506) (no words ?)
UIWSOM (University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine texas 503)
ACOM (Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine 511)
WCU-COM (College of Osteopathic Medicine at William Carey University mississippi 504)
CUSOM (Campbell University - School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) - Leon Levine Hall of Medical Sciences north carolina 507)
VCOM (EDWARD VIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE - VIRGINIA CAMPUSs)
ARCOM (Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine)
NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY DR. KIRAN C. PATEL COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
western university of health sciences/college of osteopathic medicine of the pacific northwest)
Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
Rowan-virtuaSOM-Sewell

NOTE:
Apply to 25-35 schools.
You'll burn yourself out and the quality will deteriorate.

I can do it; it's just three months of pain, but I think 85 is the most I can do I shouldn't go anymore. I will cap it.

i apologize if i came off that way to you