Any LECOM students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Longcatislong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been offered admission at LECOM and another private school. Everyone's been saying that I should attend the cheapest dental school, and for me LECOM is the least expensive option, easily saving me close to 100K over a four years. For that reason, I'm definitely leaning toward LECOM. Still, I'd love to hear from some current students!

Where are you from? How do you like Florida and how do you deal with the constant heat and humidity? (I'm from San Francisco, so it's quite a change from what i'm used to). What is the cost of living in Bradenton (i.e., what cost can one expect for a 1br/bath apt)?

What influenced your decision to attend LECOM (especially if you were accepted to more than one school)? How is PBL going? Do you really feel like you're being adequately prepared for the boards? Also, has anyone there actually taken boards yet?

Is the clinical experience and sim clinic really as amazing as LECOM promotes it to be?

Finally, has tuition or any other fees increased since you started? If so, by how much?

I very much appreciate your help. If you'd rather not answer prublically on the forum, you can certainly PM me :)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't go there, but I have visited that area of Florida many many times at various times of the year, so I can give you a little input about the weather. It is quite humid, which really intensifies the effect the high temperatures have. This is more of an issue in the summer months than winter months, which are very pleasant.

Also, the cost of living is not particularly high in that area (it's really not a very "happening" area). I couldn't tell you exact numbers for an apartment though. All I know is that purchasing a house is fairly inexpensive, relatively speaking.

Good luck with your endeavors.

I don't think LECOM has a "clinical experience" yet btw.

I don't go there, but I have visited that area of Florida many many times at various times of the year, so I can give you a little input about the weather. It is quite humid, which really intensifies the effect the high temperatures have. This is more of an issue in the summer months than winter months, which are very pleasant.

Also, the cost of living is not particularly high in that area (it's really not a very "happening" area). I couldn't tell you exact numbers for an apartment though. All I know is that purchasing a house is fairly inexpensive, relatively speaking.

Good luck with your endeavors.

I don't think LECOM has a "clinical experience" yet btw.

Thanks for your input :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to whatever school is cheapest. No one cares when you get out. And the easier the program the better. So cheapest, easiest program should be the goal. Florida is nice, I'm from Southwest Florida only an hour from Bradenton. Weather gets humid and hot, but you will adjust. PBL is stupid though…why can't they just teach the damn material normally?

Go to whatever school is cheapest. No one cares when you get out. And the easier the program the better. So cheapest, easiest program should be the goal. Florida is nice, I'm from Southwest Florida only an hour from Bradenton. Weather gets humid and hot, but you will adjust. PBL is stupid though…why can't they just teach the damn material normally?

What a lazy a$$.