Any LIU Pharmacy students? Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Worriedasusual

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an incoming freshman at the brooklyn campus of LIU and I'm aware that the PCAT has organic chemistry, calculus, as well as other topics on it which we won't be taking til our second year. However, we're required to take the PCAT by October of our second year, LATEST. That means we'll be taking the PCAt without actually completing all the courses. I just feel confused about this all because it doesn't make sense that we have to teach ourselves.. It's also difficult because there are mixed reviews about study guides like the Kaplan prep book.. Many peoplesay there are typos on there and if I'm trying to teach myself, I'd want to learn the correct material. Can someone give me some assurance? I'm going crazy :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Can you please tell me what your GPA and PCAT scores were when you applied to the professional phase? How did you prepare for the PCAT? I know we won't learn some of the topics that are on the PCAT by the time we take the test.. Please help! I'm going crazy!!!:(:( :eek::eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Take orgo in the next summer. PCAT is not a big deal here in LIU. Try to maintain at least 3.6 gpa. + some pharmacy experience+ extracurricular activities. Its getting harder to get into the professional phase.

Any reason you picked LIU over St. John's? IMO, with competition so tough for getting into the professional program, instead of doing your prereqs at LIU, I would recommend going to a CUNY school and getting it done there. You're gonna pay a lot more $$$$ for prereq years at LIU. There is no more advantage to being a LIU pre-pharm student when it comes to applying. Everyone has the same shot. Might as well not have to pay all that money.

Any reason you picked LIU over St. John's? IMO, with competition so tough for getting into the professional program, instead of doing your prereqs at LIU, I would recommend going to a CUNY school and getting it done there. You're gonna pay a lot more $$$$ for prereq years at LIU. There is no more advantage to being a LIU pre-pharm student when it comes to applying. Everyone has the same shot. Might as well not have to pay all that money.
really!? where do you get this~!? this is kind of a good new for me, but bad for LIU students I guess.

Is that so? I thought there were 150 seats open to LIU students and only 50 for transfer students...

Take orgo in the next summer. PCAT is not a big deal here in LIU. Try to maintain at least 3.6 gpa. + some pharmacy experience+ extracurricular activities. Its getting harder to get into the professional phase.

Thanks for the advice. Do they actually consider extracurricular activities?

I'm an incoming freshman at the brooklyn campus of LIU and I'm aware that the PCAT has organic chemistry, calculus, as well as other topics on it which we won't be taking til our second year. However, we're required to take the PCAT by October of our second year, LATEST. That means we'll be taking the PCAt without actually completing all the courses. I just feel confused about this all because it doesn't make sense that we have to teach ourselves.. It's also difficult because there are mixed reviews about study guides like the Kaplan prep book.. Many peoplesay there are typos on there and if I'm trying to teach myself, I'd want to learn the correct material. Can someone give me some assurance? I'm going crazy :scared:
Hello I have a quick question. Im a current student in high school and i was wondering was it hard to get accepted in the pre-pharmacy program. Also, are the SATS very important?--Thank You