You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Any Loma Linda interview?
Started by docboy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I did a phone interview last year....here are the questions they asked me:
1. Tell me about your work experience (PT aide, inpatient and outpatient)
2. Tell us what characteristics of the LLU Doctor of Physical Therapy program are particularly attractive and meaningful to you and why you have chosen to apply for advanced education (very important question, they want to know if this is your top choice school)
3. Do you know the difference between a PT and a PTA?
4. If you were taking an exam, and saw someone looking at other papers, what would you do?
5. In a group situation, are you more of a leader, or a follower?
6. As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, LLU has lifestyle expectations which include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs/substances in all forms while enrolled. If you are accepted to LLU Doctor of Physical Therapy program, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of the University while enrolled?
Loma Linda is a Seventh-Day Adventist School
* The interviewer asked me if I am comfortable attending chapel for an hour once a week with the other students in the DPT program. This is mandatory if accepted into their school.
* There is also a strict dress code when attending lecture.
Hope that helps!
Send me a message if you have any more questions. I am very happy to help bc I know how stressful this process is.
1. Tell me about your work experience (PT aide, inpatient and outpatient)
2. Tell us what characteristics of the LLU Doctor of Physical Therapy program are particularly attractive and meaningful to you and why you have chosen to apply for advanced education (very important question, they want to know if this is your top choice school)
3. Do you know the difference between a PT and a PTA?
4. If you were taking an exam, and saw someone looking at other papers, what would you do?
5. In a group situation, are you more of a leader, or a follower?
6. As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, LLU has lifestyle expectations which include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs/substances in all forms while enrolled. If you are accepted to LLU Doctor of Physical Therapy program, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of the University while enrolled?
Loma Linda is a Seventh-Day Adventist School
* The interviewer asked me if I am comfortable attending chapel for an hour once a week with the other students in the DPT program. This is mandatory if accepted into their school.
* There is also a strict dress code when attending lecture.
Hope that helps!
Send me a message if you have any more questions. I am very happy to help bc I know how stressful this process is.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thx
Wear a suit and tie. I saw some ragamuffins strolling in there wearing a button up shirt with the top button unbuttoned with some slacks they found in the bottom of the closet.any one want to share on what to wear. What is the appropriate dress code?
Wear a suit and tie; it's classy.
When did you guys submit the application?
I submitted my supplemental application in early Nov and didn't hear from anything yet.
I submitted my supplemental application in early Nov and didn't hear from anything yet.
When did you guys submit the application?
I submitted my supplemental application in early Nov and didn't hear from anything yet.
They received my ptcas application two weeks ago and i am still currently filling out the secondary application. I got invited for a interview last week. I'm curious to know if thats how they do there application process. I haven't turned my secondary(supplemental application) app but got invited already for a interview..
They received my ptcas application two weeks ago and i am still currently filling out the secondary application. I got invited for a interview last week. I'm curious to know if thats how they do there application process. I haven't turned my secondary(supplemental application) app but got invited already for a interview..
You should have a very good stat👍
You should have a very good stat👍
Hey Stephilosophy, did you apply for OT also? If you got accepted to both which would you choose? Good luck!
Last edited:
Hey Stephilosophy, did you apply for OT also? If you got accepted to both which would you choose? Good luck!
No, I only applied to DPT program
Oh? I read the OT forum also and saw that you've posted some stuff on there thats all.No, I only applied to DPT program
They received my ptcas application two weeks ago and i am still currently filling out the secondary application. I got invited for a interview last week. I'm curious to know if thats how they do there application process. I haven't turned my secondary(supplemental application) app but got invited already for a interview..
I haven't submitted my secondary application-more like about to right now since it's due tonight for me and I haven't heard from them for an interview like you did?
There were some questions in the secondary that were a struggle for me since I'm not religious but I tried the best that I could. I hop it's okay that I didn't write essay-length answers for them since I wasn't sure how long they wanted our answers to be.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how long are the essays after the interview supposed to be? One paragraph a five paragraph essay and how much time are we allowed to write the essay? Any body else have sample essay topics they were given? And is the interview portion one on one or is it a group?
6. As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, LLU has lifestyle expectations which include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs/substances in all forms while enrolled. If you are accepted to LLU Doctor of Physical Therapy program, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of the University while enrolled?
Loma Linda is a Seventh-Day Adventist School
* The interviewer asked me if I am comfortable attending chapel for an hour once a week with the other students in the DPT program. This is mandatory if accepted into their school.
* There is also a strict dress code when attending lecture.
Wow, that's some rather limiting set of rules they require (unless you're Adventist). Sounds depressing even. I wonder if the school would gets so much popularity if it was not located in CA.
Dear DPT2013,I had 2 essays:
Discuss some of the ethical decisions you may have to make as a health care professional.
They also gave me a quote about success and asked if I agree or disagree with the quote. What do you feel is the key to success?
Thanks again for sharing with us. As far as the essay, I believe they give us several topics to choose from. Was it the case for you? If yes do you remember any of the other topic choices? (I know you had that last year, but I would really appreciate it if you could let me know).
Thanks
Wow, that's some rather limiting set of rules they require (unless you're Adventist). Sounds depressing even. I wonder if the school would gets so much popularity if it was not located in CA.
Its not depressing if thats the kind of environment you're looking for. Many people are attracted to the "no appologies" approach to their spiritual/religious environment.
Its not depressing if thats the kind of environment you're looking for. Many people are attracted to the "no appologies" approach to their spiritual/religious environment.
I'll apologize if the post may be worded in a rather brash manner, that I can see viewed as insensitive. However, that was my initial reaction, and I believe those who go to such institutions may have already heard similar comments previously. I'll leave the post up for now with this this following post.
This school has a good program and is the first PT school I've heard structured as such. I have immediate family, that in all likelihood, would enjoy education from these strong environments such as Loma Linda. So, I understand there's plenty who would be happy to attend a good DPT education here, and there's also plenty on the outside looking in. In all honesty the school has every right to be structured this way, but to put simply it likely is not for me. 🙂
i was just curious to know if anyone has gotten an acceptance letter?
Got mine 12/11/10
Got mine 12/11/10
what was your stats? if you dont mind me asking...
what was your stats? if you dont mind me asking...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10208932&postcount=308
Got mine 12/11/10
If you don't mind me asking: When did you submit your supplemental, go through the interview? I submitted my supplemental like the day it was due so I wanted to know how many days it takes for them to process things and for me to hear from them?
If you don't mind me asking: When did you submit your supplemental, go through the interview? I submitted my supplemental like the day it was due so I wanted to know how many days it takes for them to process things and for me to hear from them?
i think supplemental can be turned in at the latest jan. 1st.. correct?
Dear DPT2014,Got mine 12/11/10
Congratulations on your acceptance. Your advice on the interview and specially essay helped me a lot. Thanks a lot again.Your interview was conducted some time in November, right? When was it exactly?
Got mine 12/11/10
Dear PT2014,
Did you get your acceptance through email?
When did you do your interview?
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it already pass the deadline to submit the secondary application???
How long did it take for LLU to send you the e-mail about the secondary application. I have still not received the e-mail...
have you emailed them? because I got the email about the secondary a week after i turned in ptcas app
.
Last edited:
I had 2 essays:
Discuss some of the ethical decisions you may have to make as a health care professional.
They also gave me a quote about success and asked if I agree or disagree with the quote. What do you feel is the key to success?
sorry to be resurrecting an old thread but I have a question regarding these essays.
Were these essays given to you AFTER the phone interview? Do you know if these additional essays (tertiary application?! 😛) are given to all interviewed candidates?
Similar threads
M
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 5K