Any love from prelims?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSfour

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting plenty of encouraging feedback from gas programs, but none from prelims (TY and IM) at the community programs that I interviewed at. Should I be worried about this? I'd love to know if others are getting letters, emails, etc. from prelim PD's, or if they're concentrating their efforts on the categoricals. All comments appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I've gotten very little love from the TY programs to which I've applied. I think an email or two from just one of the programs. I think maybe they don't have to try very hard to recruit great interns because there are relatively few spots for a large # of very qualified (rads, anesth, derm, ophtho) applicants. It's a seller's market...

cchoukal said:
I've gotten very little love from the TY programs to which I've applied. I think an email or two from just one of the programs. I think maybe they don't have to try very hard to recruit great interns because there are relatively few spots for a large # of very qualified (rads, anesth, derm, ophtho) applicants. It's a seller's market...

I got a letter from NYHQ prelim. program, but they're not very competitive and i had done a 2nd look. BTW, any thought on SLR's prelim program? How hectic do you REALLY think it is? any incite?

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm having the same problem. which is better, st. vincents or st. lukes?

it seems that as far as education and facilities are concerned - slr is the way to go.

skywalker09 said:
i'm having the same problem. which is better, st. vincents or st. lukes?