any masters/post bac programs starting jan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaml20

VA doc
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didnt apply to a masters this aug for various reasons (taking mcat, need to take gre) and so would end up enrolling for the spring semester to a masters program, initially I had thought a one yr (masters or postbac) program would be good but given the jan enroll I would like to know if it would be possible to do a two yr masters truncated by one semester. what I mean is this ...

apply and enroll spring 07
continue school during summer 07
continue fall 07 (and apply to med school)
continue spring 08
continue summer 08
graduate at the end of summer 08
enroll in med school fall 08

would it be possible to make up enough credits during the summer classes to complete my masters before the fall term of my second yr?

I am looking for programs in NY (im a ny res) that would allow me to do this and also allow me to do alot of research, any info will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i am also interested in knowing about masters programs with spring enrollment

most SMPs, if thats what you are looking for, seem to start at the same time that med school classes start, around august. Theres not too many that start in the middle of the academic year. I would just simply google it, and query with postbacculaureate programs, winter or spring or somethign to that effect.