Step I Any MCAT to USMLE correlation?

Started by oldtimer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oldtimer

Not a blind man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there is any correlation with how well one does on the MCAT to how well one will perform on the USMLE? Specifically, do any of the subsections on the MCAT correspond to any of the subsections on the USMLE? I did well on the PS and BS sections and average on the VR.
 
When I was teaching MCAT prep, our course asserted that MCAT score as a predictive factor for med school success (board scores) carried a stronger association than undergrad OR med school GPA. But the gist is true, and it has plenty to do with standardized testing situations and who performs well under what circumstances,