Any Md-phd program for international students?

Started by YVZ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

YVZ

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently an international undergraduate having my second year in UC. I am considering apply for MD-PHD program after undergraduate, and it seems that there are a lot of restrictions for international students. (ex. a lot of schools don't even accept application from F-1 students)

Actually I did check the form, and some school says they accept F-1 students.Also, I want to ask if there are any schools has tuition fully covered for MD-PHD for international students. Thank you.
 
Yes, many schools will fund international students. There are not as many spots (a program that may fund an international student may not have accepted one in a few years, for instance). You will have to do the legwork to determine if a program accepts international students. The process is more competitive for international students, so you should have a backup plan.

Here is a starter list: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/62760/data/faqtable.pdf
 
Yes, many schools will fund international students. There are not as many spots (a program that may fund an international student may not have accepted one in a few years, for instance). You will have to do the legwork to determine if a program accepts international students. The process is more competitive for international students, so you should have a backup plan.

Here is a starter list: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/62760/data/faqtable.pdf
Thank you so much. BTW, do you know any organizations that provide clinical experience for international students? I just found that most hospitals and clinics only accept resident volunteers.