Any Medstudents w/ long commutes?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by absolutezero, Mar 16, 2004.

1. absolutezero

7+ Year Member

post deleted

2. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have a classmate with a 45 min + drive each way. Most of the time it appears to work okay for here, even though she loses a lot of time. Around exams, though, she's stays with a classmate who lives much closer.

Riding buses & trains would at least mean that you don't have to lose that time every day.

3. Green912

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have a four hour round trip that I drive once a week. I came across a software program that saves text to a sound file that you can burn to a CD and listen to while driving. The voice is a bit electronic but it's better then nothing.
    http://www.naturalreaders.com/

4. omarsaleh66

omarsaleh66 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    U can tape ur lectures in class and put them on ur mp3 player and listen to lectures; that way on ur commute u can study and get alot done so u dont have to study as much when ur at home.

I dotn commute but I have lectures on audio and i listen to lectures while I do cardio, so i dont feel guilty when i work out alot and its during exams. Personally nothing beats getting ripped and getting ur learn on!

holla

Omar

5. Depending on which hospital I'm working at, my commute ranges from 5-45 minutes, each way, by car. Much more if there's traffic.