any more info on detroit programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samsonite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping some of you had more info on the detroit programs. WSU, UofM, Henry Ford...even MSU. Any input is greatly appreciated regarding faculty, residents, facilities, work load (of course i gotta ask this). Thanks in advance.
Sam

Members don't see this ad.

samsonite said:
I was hoping some of you had more info on the detroit programs. WSU, UofM, Henry Ford...even MSU. Any input is greatly appreciated regarding faculty, residents, facilities, work load (of course i gotta ask this). Thanks in advance.
Sam

I don't know what kind of info you are looking for, but I'm a first year at MSUCOM. I was speaking with two third year psych residents on Thursday and they had good things to say. They said the call is very manageable. They are getting a lot of therapy exposure. They don't have to do unrelated rotations like ObGyn which they appreciate. And, they get to do some teaching in the med schools. Sounds good to me. I love MSU though and will most likely stay here if I can anyway.

samsonite said:
Sam

Good research experience= U of M
Good clinical+research experience= Wayne State
Good clinical experience only= Henry Ford

Members don't see this ad :)
Manochikitsak said:
Good research experience= U of M
Good clinical+research experience= Wayne State
Good clinical experience only= Henry Ford

U of M has solid clinical experience too--a majority of the residents go on to clinical careers. And Ann Arbor beats Detroit by far as a place to live.

OldPsychDoc said:
U of M has solid clinical experience too--a majority of the residents go on to clinical careers. And Ann Arbor beats Detroit by far as a place to live.

Who says u have to live in Detroit to work in Detroit. Detroit suburbs are among the best places to live in, and they r pretty close by.

And as far as clinical experience, u can't beat DMC, can you?