1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Any more interview requests?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nervousnellie, Dec 11, 2008.

1. nervousnellie

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I applied to 16 schools--so far have 7 interview requests, with interviews in process through early January, 1 rejection and the rest are in limbo. Is it reasonable to expect any more interviews at this stage? Or am I done? What is the latest date a school might contact me about interviewing?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chemist0157

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Schools interview well into the new year, so yeah, there is a chance of getting more interviews.

4. tiamat360

2+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    Look around at this site as well as mdapplicants pages from previous cycles. You'll see a lot of information about the dates people received interviews.

On another thread it was mentioned (by a med school admissions committee member) that late January is when you shouldn't expect any more good news, so you've got over a month until you're unlikely to get more interviews. In addition, it seems like some schools will continue interviewing and sending invites well past that date, so depending on the schools you've applied to you could be hearing a lot more even after January - I'm thinking of UC Davis, Stanford, and OHSU in particular here, all of which seem to interview into March and even April.

Good luck! It sounds like you've had a lot of success so far (getting interviews for ~half of your schools is great!).

5. violette

Pre-Medical
    I received 2 interview invites this week (for mid and late January), so they are definitely still giving out interviews.

6. bluesmd

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    congrats violette, mind sharing where? just out of curiousity

7. Chemist0157

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I actually got another email invite today. Kind of shocking!

8. bluesmd

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    nice chemist, where?

9. Chemist0157

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Temple. I'm not sure I'll go because I also have an invite to Virginia Commonwealth in February. I hate to spend money on interviews at schools that may not accept me. I bought a new(ish) car recently, and with Christmas shopping eating my cash, I've recently become kind of stingy! :D

Maybe I should make one of those popular "School A vs School B" threads...;)

10. dd128

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    For some schools it's reasonable to hear back about interviews as late as february. Keep the hope alive :luck:

11. bluesmd

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    congratulations anyways. i got one at VCU too, but in jan. yeah you already have a couple acceptances down, maybe just pick the ones you really want to go to. it's not stingy. think how much debt we have already signed ourselves up for :eek: and please, no don't post one of those threads, only you really know what you want. people need to decide for themselves!

12. Chemist0157

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    That's what I keep thinking. $500 isn't really that much compared to the million dollars I'll owe later. Plus, VCU is one the cheaper schools I've applied to, and everyone on this forum seems to be a fan of that school. I'm really just teetering between going to VCU or not going at all.

13. nervousnellie

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Is there a way to search old posts to see when the last invites rolled in from specific schools?

I am not unhappy about my results so far (I'm very happy) but would like to get some sense of what else may be out there. I hate this waiting.

14. mbe36

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I got an invite to NYMC on Feb 16 last cycle.

15. trojanMD

2+ Year Member

There better be more invites going out! I'm still in limbo at over 20 schools. Applying to med school has not been good for the self esteem...:(

16. LittleRocker

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I just got 3 last week and I was complete really late (mid november). I still have many more schools to hear from so I'm trying to keep a positive outlook through February