Any neuropsych postdocs with therapy opportunities?

Started by UghLife
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UghLife

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering if anyone knows of neuropsych focused postdocs that also provide opportunities to do individual and/or group therapy. Although I like the critical thinking involved in doing neuropsych assessments and find them enjoyable from time to time, I have learned that I cannot sit at a computer and write boring reports all day. It seems that therapy and postdoctoral training in neuropsychology are mutually exclusive at most neuropsych post doc sites. Thank you in advanced for your comments and suggestions.
 
Pretty much any VA postdoc will have minor rotations in different therapy settings. Even many of the non-VA postdoc sites I was looking at way back when had available therapy rotations. Unless there has been a sea change, having the opportunity to do therapy was the rule, rather than the exception.