Any NYLF/MED alum's up in here?

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhilliesPhan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went in the Summer of 2011 in Philly from July 10th-19th. Has anyone else been to the NYLF? GOOOOO BLACKWELL!
 
It was awesome! I met a ton of new friends, stayed at Villanova's campus, met with docs, toured med schools, and even got to play with some cadavers. There were a ton of social events too. There was this big pizza party the first night, a club style dance, a walking tour of Philly (I was basically my group's guide because no one else was from Philly lol), a trip to Dorney Park, and a senior prom like dance the night before it was time to go. I would totally recommend it to anyone who has the money. I had a scholarship from Temple's med school, so idk what the price is, but overall I had a ton of fun!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was awesome! I met a ton of new friends, stayed at Villanova's campus, met with docs, toured med schools, and even got to play with some cadavers. There were a ton of social events too. There was this big pizza party the first night, a club style dance, a walking tour of Philly (I was basically my group's guide because no one else was from Philly lol), a trip to Dorney Park, and a senior prom like dance the night before it was time to go. I would totally recommend it to anyone who has the money. I had a scholarship from Temple's med school, so idk what the price is, but overall I had a ton of fun!

Hmm, sounds like you had a good time.
 
You said you weren't a wannabe.

Logically, that means you, in fact, DON'T wannabe.

(that part was sarcasm, the following isn't)
Everyone here wants to be some sort of medical professional. Why chastise those who went to some sleep away camp related to medicine?