any nymc acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lake show

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've seen no sign of nymc accepting any students yet on this board. i'm surprised because it seems as if most schools have begun the acceptance process already. i thought that they began interviewing in early october, and since they say 8-10 weeks for a reply, i assumed there would be some acceptances. any other words out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I've been wondering the same, trust me :) I interviewed exactly 8 weeks ago today, and they had told us we would hear in eight weeks :) I hope a get a nice late Christmas present one day soon.

Corleone- have you interviewed there yet? If so when?

If anyone hears from them (gets in or something) don't forget to post it!

ahh, back from a great xmas dinner... :D

anyways, i interviews early dec, so it's been only 3-4 weeks, but i've just been wondering why there's been no news of any acceptances. oh well, more waiting for all!

Members don't see this ad :)
BUMP..just incase somebody hears soon!!

Meg-

I had friends who interviewed there as early as the last week of September who haven't heard yet, so I don't think you'll be hearing any time soon. Also, I sent them my withdrawl letter the day after my interview since I didn't like the school (11/27) and they still hadn't received it when they called me for a work reference! I don't know how efficient and organized that office is to tell you the truth :)

-Good luck

Thanks Dr. Kermit for the input :)

I called NYMC today and they siad that everyone who interviewed prior to the end of October should hear something within the week...so if anyone is interested :)

Hey guys I can't resist telling all...
I got in to NY Med today!! Yipee I am going to go to Medical School!! Wow I still can't believe it....it's unreal....

It was cool cuz I am home for the holidays and they sent the acceptance to my house house ("permanent address") and not my school address...pretty smart of them....but funny cuz I guess I didn't need to make hose trips to school to check my mail....

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you.

Hey Megakudos!

Congrats!!!!!!!! :D I am sure it feels great to get in..

I was wondering if you'd mind sharing your stats? I will be there(NYMC) in early january..so wondered where i would stand after interviews..also..any advice for the interview? How was it etc?..Thanks so much! ;)

nice...so i guess xmas presents sometimes do come after dec 25th!

Thanks guys :) I am still in a cloud!

I have a 3.5 GPA and 28 mcat (9V, 9P, 10B, O writing). My GPA would have been higher if it wouldn't have been for medical problems my first semester at college (3.8 my sophomore year and 3.9 my junior)....

My interview was very laid back...no hard questions...I was very nrevous though...just talked about my family and my experiences....the interviews are closed file so it helps to know what points you definately want to cover of your experiences....ummm...lets see....also they ask you if there are any "red flags" in your app....My interviewer was really nice actually she was the dean of admissions...check out <a href="http://www.interviewfeedback.com" target="_blank">www.interviewfeedback.com</a> for more on the interview....there's lots about NY med on this site.....

Hope that helps :) Let me know if I forgot anything and good luck on your interview maple! You'll be ok...they are really nice there....if you can try to stay with a student too...I learned a lot about the school from my host...

Dr. Kermit, what do you mean they asked you for work reference?

congrats megkudos!
Few questions: When was your interview? and Is your acceptance listed on the application status page of nymc website?

Hi everyone, I also received my NYMC acceptance yesterday (the 29th). I interviewed exactely two months ago and the application status website does not reflect my admission to the school.

My interview was Oct. 30th. My acceptance is not posted on the status page as of yet :)

Acceptance mailed in big envelope or small envelope from NYM?

Big envelope. And they send it to your "permanent" address :) Good luck :)

Actually I take part of that back... they probably only send it to your permanent address if its over break....