any odd requirements by pgms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foodcoma

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any of the new gas residents out there recall any "accessory" documents/things that some programs need? for ex, i know one pgm on the west (seattle i think) requires a PD/CHAIR letter in your app. do any other programs have weird requirements that we should be aware of?

thanks, food

Members don't see this ad.

UT Houston didn't have that requirement last year. I interviewed there before all of my letters were in. Any ideas on who the new chairman is giong to be? I heard a rumor a while back of who was taking over but I don't want to spread rumors around here :)

TIP: You may want to keep that ultra left wing, anti-Bush, anti-gun, tree hugging stuff down to a minimum when interviewing in Texas.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can probably hold myself back if asked about guns and trees. But let's hope they don't ask me about Bush, even if it is in Texas. But thanks for the tip ;)

I believe there are a few programs out there that require "pre-med transcripts" i am assuming that is undergrad which I thought to be odd.

Anyone know of any other programs that require Chair letters?

UT Houston didn't have that requirement last year. I interviewed there before all of my letters were in. Any ideas on who the new chairman is giong to be? I heard a rumor a while back of who was taking over but I don't want to spread rumors around here :)

TIP: You may want to keep that ultra left wing, anti-Bush, anti-gun, tree hugging stuff down to a minimum when interviewing in Texas.

Did Arens step down?
Everyone in Texas wears a cowboy hat and boots in the OR and rides a horse to work. True story. Don't mess with Texas. Heh heh heh heh heh.:laugh:

Oklahoma required passing Step II score to be ranked last year. No other program I interviewed at required a chair letter, pre med transcript, colonoscopy or anything else weird.