Any of you find ST Map, or other features on Philips monitors useful

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InfinitiPSI

SLPYTME
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking over the Philips IntelliVue monitor user manual. There are a lot of features that I haven't seen used much. Sure, the calculator, and drug calculator are probably obsolete when most places have EMR or smart phones.

Have any of you guys found it useful to use ST Map, QT analysis, Arrhythmia analysis, etc. on these monitors?

I'm working on a presentation for my residency and want to review ECG, SpO2, waveforms, etc., and thought it may be at least somewhat interesting to go over some of the less known features of the monitors we always use.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

The Philips monitor we have (IntelliVue MP70) has an automatic pulse pressure variation calcuation with a-lines, which is really nice.

Edit: Also has MAC calculator based on end tidal gas concentration.

Reactions: 1 users
Have any of you guys found it useful to use ST Map, QT analysis,

Very helpful! You can set a baseline at the start of the case and check the current EKG vs the start at any time - wonderful for long cases/cardiac/acute intraoperative changes. A nice addition.

Huge fan of PPV calculation which eliminates the need for a (much more expensive) Flo-Trak monitor if you don’t want to use it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I read about the PPV feature, but I can't seem to find that on ours. I'm thinking our software revision isn't new enough for it.