Any opinions on these programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cardsboy08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any knowledge on how good these programs are for cards:

UCLA
Yale
William Beaumont
Northwestern
Texas Heart
Mt. Sinai

My guess is UCLA or Texas Heart is the strongest among these academically? Sorry, I know what the "top programs" are but was unsure about these.

Members don't see this ad.

My Gestalt would be

1) UCLA
2) Texas Heart
3) Northwestern
4) Sinai (if you're talking about the main academic sinai program)
5) Beaumont = Yale ??

From a purely academic standpoint, I think texas heart would drop down .... great clinical training, but the research enviorment isn't that strong. I don't have a good sense of William Beaumont, but they do have a lot of research coming out in well known journals....

Nice IVs man! I would say

1)UCLA (no idea how STAR program compares to purely clinical, but I would assume for reputation purposes you want the research track).
2)Texas Heart (very private practice oriented, some friends of mine there say its almost an apprenticeship style, but you get big name and big connections with awesome hands on experience)
3)Northwestern Great in EP, more research than Texas Heart but unsure in other fields. Not sure how much hands on.
4)Yale big name, big research, not so big hospital maybe less clinically active/hands on than the others above that lack the Ivy league name.
5)Mt. Sinai better name in research now with Fuster there, still developing their clinical research side (Freedom trial main site I think)
6) William Beaumont Only cause I dont know anything about it... is it affiliated with Uof Michigan?

Thanks. This is about what I figured though I heard mixed things about Northwestern's clinical experience and better things about Mt. Sinai/Yale which may be a product of where I live. I assumed UCLA was likely the top one in the list as far as an academic cards fellowship.