tennisgal99

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2008
Status
hey! im curious whether any other pre-meds do fashion modeling and if u have any tips on how to balance these two lives

nonesuchgirl

10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2007
Status
It's going to be one of those nights.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student
hey! im curious whether any other pre-meds do fashion modeling and if u have any tips on how to balance these two lives
I do nude modeling..

Margaux1985

0k member
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2008
The great plains of NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
...kidding! Actually, I know several of my friends who do this and they say it's just like any other extracurriculurs though they might have to do it during frequently during the school year. Just find an agency or someone who you are willing to work with on a long-term basis and be available when they ask. I think this is a great activity to discuss at the interview and most schools look at it favorably.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student
tennis gal we are still waiting for pics.

the donkey

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
all these rude people asking you to post pics on an internet forum that anyone in the world can see...pm me, i'll send you my email address, and you can email me the pics :hardy:

JA Prufrock

Serenity Now!
10+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
all these rude people asking you to post pics on an internet forum that anyone in the world can see...pm me, i'll send you my email address, and you can email me the pics :hardy:
yeah where are our manners? I'll do one better and give you the option of snail mailing them to me. you can kind of do a full pictorial thing if you wish. I'm not going to micromanage.

Character

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2008
Status
Other Health Professions Student
you have to constantly workout and watch what you eat. so i guess you can say, your never off the clock. always gotta look good.

chespirido

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status
yeah, modeling just happens to be one of those things that are nearly impossible to balance with a med-school workload; trust me, I would know as both a medical student and an international male supermodel.

Of course the disease-riddled cousin of modeling, prostitution, is an easier yet fun way to make a few bucks on the side. I highly reccommend this field of work to all of my colleagues looking to turn an extra dollar.

Ella Shepherd

Screen. Stage. Studio.
10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
I did runway once (gowns and formal wear) but don't model so much anymore. Simply organize your time and know what your priorities are.

I don't have a scanner right now so I can't post a modeling pic but here's a pic of me in a gown anyway...

paranoid_eyes

10+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
^ medicine is lookin' good :D

TupacalipseT96

R U Still Down?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hey girlie,
medicine and fashion is no walk in the park, but you can do it. Honestly it helps me stay fit and healthy and adds a nice little balance to the medical school life. Strong abs really help with the long med hours. Stay with it, and don't listen to the haters... do whatever it takes to be the best of both worlds!
-susanne

SaveThisLabRat

$700 Billion Dollar Woman
10+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2007
California *\o/*
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
^ Just to let you know, that pic has been photoshopped. You see it all the time on pro-ed websites. Poor gullible people.

TupacalipseT96

R U Still Down?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Unfortunately I do not spend too much time perusing pro-eating disorder websites.

I prefer pro-bbw.

SaveThisLabRat

$700 Billion Dollar Woman
10+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2007
California *\o/*
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I prefer pro-LOLz ur gonna die.

I like both extremes.

brianmartin

10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Wouldn't it be great to get paid to sit around doing nothing? Gosh that would be excellent.