Any pharmacy supervisor here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are rx supervisors on this forum?
The only rx supervisor i can think of is aznfarmerboi.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there are rx supervisors on this forum?
The only rx supervisor i can think of is aznfarmerboi.

That should explain why he's one of the only CVS lovers on this forum... Probably gets paid well to defend all the BS this company pushes on their employees.

I don't think he defends it or loves it like there is no other pharmacy in the world. I think he's pretty honest about CVS and from reading some of his posts, not everything is positive. There are negative things. I don't think he's an RxSup either, correct me if I'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
on the contrary, he oversees a line of nail salons.

Reactions: 1 users
Azn is a PIC/pharmacy team leader, not a sup (he is too smart for that).

I hope Larry Merlo can read these forums. He has been away from the bench for too long. A traitor to all pharmacists

are you looking for just retail supervisors or hospital?

I am a pharmacy manager.... not a supervisor.

I don't plan on being one either. I plan on making as much money as possible and being my boss one day.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a pharmacy manager.... not a supervisor.

I don't plan on being one either. I plan on making as much money as possible and being my boss one day.
lol - there is not much money in mgmt - at least where I work, they put in more hours, and no OT - at least when I pick up a shift, I get more money - I just did the math - with shift dif and holiday pay, it would take 11% raise just to break even, the average raise to be promoted to manager is 10%.

plus supervisor vs manager vs assistant manager vs assistanct director vs coordiantor vs team leader, etc..... They all have very different meanings depending on where you work

lol - there is not much money in mgmt - at least where I work, they put in more hours, and no OT - at least when I pick up a shift, I get more money - I just did the math - with shift dif and holiday pay, it would take 11% raise just to break even, the average raise to be promoted to manager is 10%.

I am not going to lie. I took the pharmacy manager role because they gave me a huge raise. If it wasn't for my pharmacy manager position, I would not be making 150k+ in base salary.

In addition, I like to do things my way. I don't need a new grad telling me what to do because 90 percent of them are clueless.

I don't like these young, new graduates who are know it all's. They come into the pharmacy thinking they are God's gift to pharmacy and think they are the one's to turn around a store. They solution is them. They are what the store needed.

YUCK.

BUT, I definitely do respect the humble ones.

What do supervisors get paid anyway? Closer to 150k or 200k?

What do supervisors get paid anyway? Closer to 150k or 200k?
Base is around 140-150k....

the extra money is dependent on your bonus at CVS....thats where the metrics come into play. There is a "pool" of money you are eligible to receive and that just depends on which metrics you are hitting at the end of the year. If you're having a great year than yeah...you're probably going to be have a bonus of like 30-40k and putting you closer to 200k.

If you had a bad year....then the posters above me are correct...it would've been better to have been a PIC as you probably put in 60 hrs/week as a supervisor and didn't get the results.

I'm not a supervisor or anything but I had a rotation with one of them not too along ago.

LTACH DOP here, and was a small community hospital DOP for a bit before that.

In Texas, DOP salary is around $140-$160K, and usually also has a bonus structure that varies.

But there is definitely some negatives, eg. your phone can ring at any time. Don't become one if you can't stand tons of paperwork, and dealing with both above and below can be a real pain sometimes. Overall, I would say it's just...different, but the pay is better.

Last edited:
I am not going to lie. I took the pharmacy manager role because they gave me a huge raise. If it wasn't for my pharmacy manager position, I would not be making 150k+ in base salary.

In addition, I like to do things my way. I don't need a new grad telling me what to do because 90 percent of them are clueless.

90% seems like a conservative number to me.

Reactions: 1 user
90% seems like a conservative number to me.[/QUOTE

I am so glad I have never had a boss who had less experience than me - they have all been trained in the real world - I am sure a time will come where that will change thou