Any Post-Bacc programs paused/canceled because of COVID-19?

Started by MKE_
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MKE_

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m just curious if any of the people here have been in contact with their post-bacc programs and have heard anything that might indicate the start date of their programs have been delayed because of COVID-19, especially any that start in Summer. I know a lot of universities are doing online only classes right now, but I’m curious if colleges are bracing for even more of an impact in the coming months.
 
I talked with one of the post bac directors last week for an interview. Schools have a lot to lose if they just cancel, so if COVID-19 doesn't get any better, I imagine they will just continue having classes in the online format.
 
I know there is a collaborative residency program among medical schools (Stanford, UCSF, USC, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, etc) and they are running webinars everyday for the next couple weeks....
 
I’m just curious if any of the people here have been in contact with their post-bacc programs and have heard anything that might indicate the start date of their programs have been delayed because of COVID-19, especially any that start in Summer. I know a lot of universities are doing online only classes right now, but I’m curious if colleges are bracing for even more of an impact in the coming months.
Just wondering if you have received an update? How are post bac programs conducting labs online? Thanks and be well.