Any preference between the 8 & 1 time slots for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNueve

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering because I am signing up for the August MCAT and was trying to decide between 8 & 1. A lot of people say you shouldn't study or do anything MCAT related the day of, so I was thinking the 8am just to get it over with. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I picked a 1 pm time, since I don't want to wake up so early. I want to be able to sleep in, get some lunch and go in their right after a nice big cup of coffee.

If I went at 8 I would probably have to wake up at around 6 am at the latest, the test center I am going to is 45 minutes away. I guess if you're a big morning person then do 8.

Just wondering because I am signing up for the August MCAT and was trying to decide between 8 & 1. A lot of people say you shouldn't study or do anything MCAT related the day of, so I was thinking the 8am just to get it over with. Any thoughts?

Either way...

I will take it at 8am. I can concentrate much better early in the morning. But its up to you.

Members don't see this ad :)

I liked 8 AM because if I had a 1 pm, I would wake up early and just worry all day until the test...As it was, I woke up, mentally prepared, went into robotic mode for the test, and then all of a sudden I was done!

i am in trouble because I like neither.

I am most awake around 7pm at night :eek:

I 've been waking up at 6 to train myself but still very sluggish in the morning.

Benjamin T: Luckily my place is close, so I think I'll have plenty of time, but I was thinking about the sleeping in part and getting some rest as well.

Nk099: That's basically my reasoning for the 8am, I think I concentrate better in the am.

BuffNerd: Same thoughts going on...

zoner: sorry dude, good luck.

We'll see. August dates are available to sign up for tomorrow.